Have this month been paid for four uses in D. Mail Online from nearly six months ago - I chased MS and they said that the payment was due at the end of this month - it has produced a payment to me of $2.95 for each use  - so my advice to John is don't order an extra camera body on the expectations will you ?  That and the refund issue have contributed to a massive drop in sales values so far this month from over 20 sales.  Not getting a bit negative are we ? Can see some red marks coming up.....

John, they ARE getting away with a massive rip-off - they'll now put the image in their libarary and when they take it out again it won't register as a download - you'll have to chase and keep on chasing - plus of course the image is now galloping across the internet - suggest you pour yourself a stiff drink and do a Google search on it ....

Hi All, 

I took pictures of 50 years of The Servant special screening at the Curzon Mayfair, London on 24th March. I uploaded straight to Alamy Live news and yesterday, 24th April, I  saw the sale of a picture of Sarah Miles for 59$ gross Summary of Items sold. Approx. £19 to me I assume. The sales details show as newspaper and online 2 million circulation so I assume The Daily Mail. Therefore, it took a month between taking the picture and showing a sale in summary of items sold.  I assume this is then an Alamy Live news  sale. How would I know ? Does Alamy show in summary whether it is a Live News sale ? the only way I can tell is that it has not been searched for in the past month under my pseuds. 

Regards, 

Adrian. 

The sales details show as newspaper and online 2 million circulation so I assume The Daily Mail.

Could be, but could also be The Sun.

Here's the latest circulation figures I could find (March 2013). Useful for guessing potential Newspaper uses:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/table/2013/apr/12/abcs-national-newspapers

J

If you send direct to Daily Mail and it's used in the online edition you will get £40 with self billing. If they use a second one in the same set you will get £20 for that one. I think every subsequent one from the same set will get you £10 each. They normally will pay in 4-6 weeks but may need chasing.

Obviously you can set your own rate for internet use in your T&Cs and invoice on that.

I haven't had any uses from Live News yet but it's possible they are paid quicker that the stock route.

This thread is one of the reasons it would be worth keeping the old threads from the old forum. I have images reported over 3 months ago and was waiting to chase them back through the threads to use them as proof to MS .

I'm sure a lot of you are in the same position. I will now do a screen grab of the old forum as proof.

Archived