Verify to enter dashboard?

I noticed it from the iPad only. Desktop is as normal.

Gen

Forgot to mention mine was seen on desktop.

Allan

Could it be a sign you're logging in too often?

The server then likes to check if you're a machine or a human. Did it involve a captcha or something like that?

Could also be one of the now many servers outside Alamy the pages are logging (or trying to log) in to.

wim

A catchpa popped up for me this morning before I was able  to sign in. Had to pick three images with slippers in them. Confusing because one of the pairs of 'slippers' was a pair of flip-flops.

Not a welcome innovation and I wonder what specific threat has prompted Alamy to introduce it.

Yes, on the desktop.

Yet another minor irritation... :-(

But, skipped it twice & it let me through anyway, would have thought the developers had better things to do!

I just get the message "captcha is not valid" but no option to do anything. I just keep clicking on Log In and eventually I get in with no further action.

Same here. Just navigate away, then back again, and log in as normal.

Could it be a sign you're logging in too often?

The server then likes to check if you're a machine or a human. Did it involve a captcha or something like that?

Could also be one of the now many servers outside Alamy the pages are logging (or trying to log) in to.

wim

Had to pick out parts of images with car or cars in them.

Allan

It was only for a short time Friday, 5/26, AM Eastern Time.

Irritating....

Nope, it was just now in the UK as well; a real pain. Not just a single set of images but best part of a dozen as it kept refreshing. I think it is designed to stop spam by discouraging EVERYONE from signing in! ;)

It was only for a short time Friday, 5/26, AM Eastern Time.

Irritating....

Nope, it was just now in the UK as well; a real pain. Not just a single set of images but best part of a dozen as it kept refreshing. I think it is designed to stop spam by discouraging EVERYONE from signing in! ;)

It was only seen when signing into my dashboard, not the forum.

Allan

I experienced the torment this afternoon trying to get in to upload some images. I had 15 attempts before I got in an in the process developed high bloodpressure. There is something wrong with this CAPTCHA configuration. Impossible to determine cars or no cars, road signs or no road signs etc. It went on and on and I was beginning to think that eventually I would be declared a robot and denied access. Why are we not warned and why are the images not clear as to what they are and are not? Can a robot actually figure out how to answer if the images are clear and not ambiguous? This is nonsense and belong to the "smart" people coming up with something they can make money on and create more trouble for the rest of us. There is a simple remedy. My bank will only allow three attempts to log in and then shutters down. If alamy has evidence that robots try to get in surely this is based on a bombardment of thousands of passwords. Why don't they simply limit attempts to five tries and then shut down. Then we will have to contact Alamy to have the account opened or something like that. I appeal to Alamy to get rid of this application Monday morning by 10.00 a.m.

I've been locked out for four hours but finally I'm back in. I see a car between the leaves of the bushes, yet when I clicked that square it thinks I've answered incorrectly too many times. I think I'll take a vacation from Alamy's forum for a while. 

I tried refreshing the dashboard in rapid succession, to simulate a robot, and I have yet to see the captcha.

Do you somewhere on the way see google recaptcha or google captcha flashing by? Either in the adress line of your browser or in a pop-up box?

Google reCaptcha should be invisible. And if Alamy did move to V2 it should work.

wim

• Alamy locked this topic

Archived