Image credits in "free" eBook downloadable pdfs

In order to find usages I often do Google searches for my pseudonym +Alamy -www.alamy.com -de.alamy.com.

Recently this search has started turning up image credits for me in a pdf eBook which claims to be available for free of charge download. I've not downloaded it to check what images the ebook contain as they ask for an email and credit card details to create an "account" first. These downloads are appearing on multiple sites.

http://en.bookshouse.store/download-file/english-garden-photo-frames-path

http://uk.catelinbooks.store/download-file/english-garden-photo-frames-path

nylibs.city/3d1149/english-garden-photo-frames-path.pdf

The text associated with the book description looks like "random" computer "scraped" content to me.

Pictures of formal english gardens photo by dk learn to garden c2008 dorling kindersley the pavers in this path are laid in a swirling pattern that . English garden clear all very english and cozy coneflower and rosemary frame this garden path outside houston. Gardens posters and prints canvas or photo for your space with artcom were here to well frame and preserve them using the highest quality materials and . Take a multi picture frame and fill with cement awesomeness claudette diy garden path take a multi picture frame and fill with concrete tip from a reader . Browse garden path pictures photos images gifs and videos on photobucket

Maybe these "free" ebooks are just computer generated pdfs containing collections of scraped images?

Anyone else come across these or know any more about them?

It looks like it's a Canadian site with a premise something like Kindle Unlimited. So, the DK Gardening book that your image is in would be part of that online library. No idea if it's legitimate or not. Here's the page with their TOS I t is odd that you can't see what they offer unless yo sign up. 

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and love the convenience, but I would still rather be looking up flowers in one of my big botanical books rather than in some tiny ebook. 

From the text you quote, and the fact that they want credit card details to create an "account", it sounds like a phishing scam. I could be wrong, but wouldn't trust it myself.

From the text you quote, and the fact that they want credit card details to create an "account", it sounds like a phishing scam. I could be wrong, but wouldn't trust it myself.

Yes I thought that, and this "gobbledegook" doesn't inspire confidence.

Pictures of formal english gardens photo by dk learn to garden c2008 dorling kindersley the pavers in this path are laid in a swirling pattern that . English garden clear all very english and cozy coneflower and rosemary frame this garden path outside houston. Gardens posters and prints canvas or photo for your space with artcom were here to well frame and preserve them using the highest quality materials and . Take a multi picture frame and fill with cement awesomeness claudette diy garden path take a multi picture frame and fill with concrete tip from a reader . Browse garden path pictures photos images gifs and videos on photobucket

It still leaves me wondering if they are (re)distributing unlicensed images though.

Archived