The 'My Alamy Homepage' - Change name?

Hello all,

When viewing 'My Alamy Homepage', the title says 'Stock Photography by (my name)'.

Is there a way to change this to 'Stock Photography by Pixels On The Rocks'? POTR is my Pseudonym and 'trademark' name. I don't wish my personal name to be all over the place and prefer it to be associated with 'Pixels On The Rocks', like in all other online places (instagram, blog, twitter etc). It's not about me or my photography really, it is about nature. :)

Should anyone happen to search for the photographs, they will certainly not search by my real name but more likely via 'Pixels On The Rocks'.

Or should I contact the support team on this matter?

Thank you.

Hello all,

When viewing 'My Alamy Homepage', the title says 'Stock Photography by (my name)'.

Is there a way to change this to 'Stock Photography by Pixels On The Rocks'? POTR is my Pseudonym and 'trademark' name. I don't wish my personal name to be all over the place and prefer it to be associated with 'Pixels On The Rocks', like in all other online places (instagram, blog, twitter etc). It's not about me or my photography really, it is about nature. :)

Should anyone happen to search for the photographs, they will certainly not search by my real name but more likely via 'Pixels On The Rocks'.

Or should I contact the support team on this matter?

Thank you.

Yes, I too would like this feature. :-)

You can change your name in the html code you copy.

Yes but the problem with that is (and perhaps I am missing something in which case forgive my ignorance): I then have to place that piece of coding somewhere into some HTML code (I.e. another site such as a blog etc). But if I just directly want to use the link supplied by Alamy?

Lets say I want to use the link in a tweet for example. The obvious thing to do would be to click on 'My alamy homepage' directly from 'My Alamy', copy paste it to BITLY to have a shortened version and that's it. 

I have a feeling I have to ask if Alamy could change the registered name perhaps.

Why not simply make an advanced search:

Make a random image search on Alamy - on the  page coming up you will get the possibility to do an Advanced Search (right on the menu bar) - enter  Pixels On The Rocks as the contributor name and no search words - and you will see all the images under this pseudonym. The link can be used to shorten and send.

Make a random image search on Alamy - on the  page coming up you will get the possibility to do an Advanced Search (right on the menu bar) - enter  Pixels On The Rocks as the contributor name and no search words - and you will see all the images under this pseudonym. The link can be used to shorten and send.

Great Idea! 

However, I have just tried that and it only lists 3 of my 9 imges even though the last submissions have been accepted 2 days ago (and all are under the POTR Pseudonym). Not sure how long the delay is between upload and the servers actually registering new photographs.

Equally, on my profile here it states I have only 3 images.

Great Idea! 

However, I have just tried that and it only lists 3 of my 9 imges even though the last submissions have been accepted 2 days ago (and all are under the POTR Pseudonym). Not sure how long the delay is between upload and the servers actually registering new photographs.

Yes, Pixels on the Rocks, it takes a while for things to update. As of now, 8 of your photos show up in advance search of your contributer's name.

If you create a link leading to results of a search on your Contributer's Name, use New or Relevant tab. (Photos that need releases, but don't have them, won't show up when using the Creative tab.)

All the best - Ann

Great Idea! 

Log out and log back in and it will show '9'.

Gen

Lets say I want to use the link in a tweet for example. The obvious thing to do would be to click on 'My alamy homepage' directly from 'My Alamy', copy paste it to BITLY to have a shortened version and that's it.

I use the following link in my email signature in Outlook. You can copy it anywhere e.g. into a Tweet.

Images by Russell at Alamy

Archived