Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

The 'My Alamy Homepage' - Change name?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pixels On The Rocks

Pixels On The Rocks

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted A week ago

Hello all,

When viewing 'My Alamy Homepage', the title says 'Stock Photography by (my name)'.

Is there a way to change this to 'Stock Photography by Pixels On The Rocks'? POTR is my Pseudonym and 'trademark' name. I don't wish my personal name to be all over the place and prefer it to be associated with 'Pixels On The Rocks', like in all other online places (instagram, blog, twitter etc). It's not about me or my photography really, it is about nature. :)

Should anyone happen to search for the photographs, they will certainly not search by my real name but more likely via 'Pixels On The Rocks'.

Or should I contact the support team on this matter?

Thank you.

#2 Jansos

Jansos

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted A week ago

Hello all,

When viewing 'My Alamy Homepage', the title says 'Stock Photography by (my name)'.

Is there a way to change this to 'Stock Photography by Pixels On The Rocks'? POTR is my Pseudonym and 'trademark' name. I don't wish my personal name to be all over the place and prefer it to be associated with 'Pixels On The Rocks', like in all other online places (instagram, blog, twitter etc). It's not about me or my photography really, it is about nature. :)

Should anyone happen to search for the photographs, they will certainly not search by my real name but more likely via 'Pixels On The Rocks'.

Or should I contact the support team on this matter?

Thank you.

Yes, I too would like this feature. :-)

#3 Niels Quist

Niels Quist

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationOld Zealand

Posted A week ago

You can change your name in the html code you copy.

Niels Quist

quistmedia.jpg

#4 Pixels On The Rocks

Pixels On The Rocks

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted A week ago

You can change your name in the html code you copy.

Yes but the problem with that is (and perhaps I am missing something in which case forgive my ignorance): I then have to place that piece of coding somewhere into some HTML code (I.e. another site such as a blog etc). But if I just directly want to use the link supplied by Alamy?

Lets say I want to use the link in a tweet for example. The obvious thing to do would be to click on 'My alamy homepage' directly from 'My Alamy', copy paste it to BITLY to have a shortened version and that's it. 

I have a feeling I have to ask if Alamy could change the registered name perhaps.

#5 Niels Quist

Niels Quist

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationOld Zealand

Posted A week ago

Why not simply make an advanced search:

Make a random image search on Alamy - on the  page coming up you will get the possibility to do an Advanced Search (right on the menu bar) - enter  Pixels On The Rocks as the contributor name and no search words - and you will see all the images under this pseudonym. The link can be used to shorten and send.

Edited by Niels Quist, A week ago.

Niels Quist

quistmedia.jpg

#6 Pixels On The Rocks

Pixels On The Rocks

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted A week ago

Make a random image search on Alamy - on the  page coming up you will get the possibility to do an Advanced Search (right on the menu bar) - enter  Pixels On The Rocks as the contributor name and no search words - and you will see all the images under this pseudonym. The link can be used to shorten and send.

Great Idea! 

However, I have just tried that and it only lists 3 of my 9 imges even though the last submissions have been accepted 2 days ago (and all are under the POTR Pseudonym). Not sure how long the delay is between upload and the servers actually registering new photographs.

Equally, on my profile here it states I have only 3 images.

#7 ann

ann

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted A week ago

Great Idea! 

However, I have just tried that and it only lists 3 of my 9 imges even though the last submissions have been accepted 2 days ago (and all are under the POTR Pseudonym). Not sure how long the delay is between upload and the servers actually registering new photographs.

Yes, Pixels on the Rocks, it takes a while for things to update. As of now, 8 of your photos show up in advance search of your contributer's name.

If you create a link leading to results of a search on your Contributer's Name, use New or Relevant tab. (Photos that need releases, but don't have them, won't show up when using the Creative tab.)

All the best - Ann

#8 gvallee

gvallee

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted A week ago

Great Idea! 

Log out and log back in and it will show '9'.

Gen

Art Prints

#9 Russell

Russell

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK

Posted A week ago

Lets say I want to use the link in a tweet for example. The obvious thing to do would be to click on 'My alamy homepage' directly from 'My Alamy', copy paste it to BITLY to have a shortened version and that's it.

I use the following link in my email signature in Outlook. You can copy it anywhere e.g. into a Tweet.

Images by Russell at Alamy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users