Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

Rejected Images

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kim Nyhammer Photography

Kim Nyhammer Photography

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted A week ago

Hey, i've done 2 test uploads of some of my images and they all got rejected, and i was wondering if you could have a look at them and tell me what i should do better next time to get accepted images.

IMG_7827_som_smartobjekt-1_resized.jpg

IMG_7865_som_smartobjekt-1_resized.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

The images are resized.

#2 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted A week ago

Hi Kim,

Usually we can't give a good answer without seeing them at 100%, and that is the case with the last image. However, even at the size you posted them, I can see that the 1st and 2nd grass images aren't sharp. There needs to be a point of focus somewhere, but there is no part of those images that is sharp. Look at them again yourself, and can you see the blur? With the 2nd one it could be that odd tiny parts are sharp but it won't be enough, and at 100% size I doubt any parts will be sharp enough.

You have to follow the guidelines and check your images at 100% before submitting. I see you have an eye for what looks good as those images are fairly creative rather than boring snap-shots, so I think you could do well, but you need to ensure the quality is high.

Geoff.

#3 arterra

arterra

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted A week ago

You need to send 3 images for your initial submission, not 2.

Nevermind, I first saw only 2 images instead of three. Anyway, your second image seem to have a dustbunny (lower right)

Cheers,

Philippe

Edited by arterra, A week ago.

Arterra Picture LibraryWildeyes

nature, travel and environmental photography

LogoFineArtAmericaBlueShape.jpg

#4 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted A week ago

You need to send 3 images for your initial submission, not 2.

Nevermind, I first saw only 2 images instead of three.

Cheers,

Philippe

I was just about to make a sarcastic comment but you corrected your post before I had the chance.  :P

I'll get my coat.

Geoff.

#5 NYCat

NYCat

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted A week ago

You say they "all" got rejected. If any of them did not have a reason listed for rejection they are OK. Only one has to be bad for all to be rejected and on your first submission they check all of them. It would help people to advise you if you give us the reason for the rejection.

Paulette

#6 Kim Nyhammer Photography

Kim Nyhammer Photography

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted A week ago

Well, i will work more on my macro photography techniques, these macro images are basically straight off the bat. I'mm gonna work on focus stacking to makes sure that everything that is supposed to stay in focus is in focus :P Thank you for the replies :)

#7 MDM

MDM

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted A week ago

You seem to be misunderstanding what is required to get accepted for Alamy. All you need to do is show that you are competent to produce a picture in which the main subject is sharp, reasonably well-exposed and free of flaws such as dust spots, in other words a picture that is suitable for professional reproduction. You don't need to submit beautiful artistic images or images that require special techniques such as focus stacking - just 3 pictures that demonstrate your competency to produce professional quality pictures is sufficient. These days, the level at which professional quality is measured in the media is low so the level of competency required is not high but keep it simple for starters.

#8 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted A week ago

Well, i will work more on my macro photography techniques, these macro images are basically straight off the bat. I'mm gonna work on focus stacking to makes sure that everything that is supposed to stay in focus is in focus :P Thank you for the replies :)

Focus stacking can work very well, but with anything that moves (like grass) that's at macro distances, you'll have a tough job getting it to look good as the blades of grass move, leaving a gap with nothing in-focus to replace it with. Focus stacking is better with non-macro or macros of perfectly still subjects. For macros of moving subjects you're better off using a tripod and a smaller aperture.

This is one of my favourite focus-stack macro shots of a stationary subject. This was hand-held, but I wouldn't recommend it usually.   :)

female-goat-willow-catkin-salix-caprea-o

Good luck,

Geoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users