Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo

Recently Posted

Suggestion Improvements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan_Larking

Dylan_Larking

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted A week ago

Hello,

After recently signing up to Alamy, I had a thought to help recently posted pictures get noticed quicker. This may even improve the ease-of-use of the website to some buyers. My idea was to create a "Recently Posted" tab which will be on the front page as soon as you click "Alamy.com". This could speed up the process of buying for some users and help bring income quicker to new media. A long term effect of this could be attracting new creators and buyers to your wonderful website. Alamy is the best stock media website I have found and I would love it if you could consider this update as it could boost the income for sellers, and the company as a whole. It would also help newbie creators (like me) to get noticed quicker.

Thanks for your time.

Dylan.

#2 wiskerke

wiskerke

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationHaarlem - The Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Isn't the New tab doing that?

Except it's not on the front page. There it's called: See the best of our new imagery

wim

#3 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted A week ago

As Wim says, the "new" tab shows new images.

As for newbies getting noticed, new members already have a pretty decent rank and if you keyword accurately then your images will be seen very high up. It's actually pretty easy to get on the first page of results even with brand new pseudos, partly because the majority don't spend enough time keywording and using phrases, so you can give yourself a huge boost and nullify a lot of the competition by making a little effort. Now that the search engine works better than it did a few weeks ago, anyone with high quality images and accurate well thought out keywords will have a good chance of making sales. Of course there are still times when images don't come up high in results, for unknown reasons, but things are working better overall. For a while, new members were given a big advantage without them having to prove themselves at all, but from what I've seen, things seem to have gone back to how they should be.

Geoff.

#4 chrumu

chrumu

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted A week ago

Hello,

After recently signing up to Alamy, I had a thought to help recently posted pictures get noticed quicker. This may even improve the ease-of-use of the website to some buyers. My idea was to create a "Recently Posted" tab which will be on the front page as soon as you click "Alamy.com". This could speed up the process of buying for some users and help bring income quicker to new media. A long term effect of this could be attracting new creators and buyers to your wonderful website. Alamy is the best stock media website I have found and I would love it if you could consider this update as it could boost the income for sellers, and the company as a whole. It would also help newbie creators (like me) to get noticed quicker.

Thanks for your time.

Dylan.

80,000 pictures are submitted to Alamy daily. A day has 86,400 seconds. Calculate for yourself how long a picture would stay close to the top of such a "recently posted" tab....

Edited by chrumu, A week ago.

Christoph

LogoFineArtAmericaBlueShape.jpg

#5 Dylan_Larking

Dylan_Larking

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted A week ago

Hello,
Thanks for your time.
Dylan.

80,000 pictures are submitted to Alamy daily. A day has 86,400 seconds. Calculate for yourself how long a picture would stay close to the top of such a "recently posted" tab....

True, but if it only refreshed when you clicked refresh then some pictures will be frozen there which could be an interest to the buyer.
Just a thought, but reading how important keywords are, I'll stick in a bit more effort. Thanks everyone for your replies.
Dylan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestion, Improvements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users