At last, I've finally reached 3,000 images! It's taken a long time to get there.

Now sales will surely come flooding in  ;)

Many thanks to the forum contributors and their advice, without which I'd never have got here. I'd probably have given up, or spent far longer imprisoned behind Alamy QC's bars!

Next target 5,000 !

At last, I've finally reached 3,000 images! It's taken a long time to get there.

Now sales will surely come flooding in  ;)

Many thanks to the forum contributors and their advice, without which I'd never have got here. I'd probably have given up, or spent far longer imprisoned behind Alamy QC's bars!

Next target 5,000 !

Well done Mark!

Kumar (the Doc one)

Well done Mark. I'm just a beginner with few years left on my side. With just a few hundred images at the mo but working on it. Without asking anyone for earnings totals or anything personal like that I just wonder what should be expected from a portfolio of 2,000 images or more on Alamy.

Don't wish to popper balloon but I reached the 3000 images mark some time before the new search engine was introduced and, hey! the views, zooms and licences went up and up.

Since the new search engine came in it has been downhill all the way. :(

Allan

PS. Well done on hitting your target. I would not have hit my 3000 without the help of some forum members either. Thanks guys and gals. :)

ITMA

Well done Mark. I'm just a beginner with few years left on my side. With just a few hundred images at the mo but working on it. Without asking anyone for earnings totals or anything personal like that I just wonder what should be expected from a portfolio of 2,000 images or more on Alamy.

In addition to the number of photos is very important and the quality, quality is achieved with as many photos ... so this is related.

I have 2,000 images in my Alamy stock portfolio and my results for the last three years have been consistent at 60 sales per year.

Overall I've averaged around 1 to 1.5 sales / month per 1,000 images. Net sales value per image is highly variable from $2 to $128, with a mean of $23. It's now reached the point were my retirement "hobby" is more than self-funding (from an equipment viewpoint only - there's no chance of paying travelling expenses or for all those hours keywording just yet).

Congratulations! Seems like yesterday when I met that milestone, but I guess it's been about 2 years.

When you're over the hill, you pick up speed. ;)

I did notice an uptick in sales with that amount. But that was then...this is now. No guarantees. I noticed a lot more zooms around the 5,000 mark.

Until this past 10 days.

Betty

Good on you, Mark!

It's hard work growing those numbers. I'm getting ready to reach 4,000, hopefully by the end of the month.

Philippe has not loaned me the 10,000 he (almost) promised. Next time he asks me to name a dog breed, I'll call it a Chinese Crested Hairless. 

:ph34r:

Well done. It's hard work adding each extra 1000.  Although I find the biggest problem with reaching any milestone is that you tend to relax and slow down the uploading.  The impetus goes - until the next decent sale drops in.  :)

I have reached 2400 having added some 1500 over the last few months. It has been a considerable effort but has yet to be rewarded with sales. Only 1measly sale this year. However I am determined to press on and keep uploading and I am trying to follow lots of advice I received from contributors on another post. Kevin

Well done Mark, onwards and upwards.

To answer the question from Flutterwith trees, I made an average of one sale per thousand consistently until a couple of months ago... when it bombed and now my CTR is through the floor with badly captioned, badly keyworded and very irrelevant (IMHO) images beating me to page one on many of my previously popular subjects.

Archived