account frozen for 6 days

what happened, i uploaded like 4 submissions totaling up to 95 images and just because 1 image didnt make it i got frozen?

guys isnt this a bit too strict?

What do you mean by "one image didn't take it"?  Was it a bad image in technical terms?

soft or lacking detail and digital camera doesnt suit alamy

guessing since i overdid it with the demist filter they shot on my camera? :(

i did qualify the first submission

If you're talking about a fail, read this.

Cheers,

Philippe

mate do all get a 6 day freeze?

Yep! From the contributors' web page:

Your QC rank

Stars indicate your rank with a QC based on your pass/fail history. Your upload privileges will be frozen for 10 days if you’re ranked 1 star (out of 3) and your submission fails QC.

In the past, it used to be 30 days.

Cheers,

Philippe

thanks! well it still is taking quite long, so... i got like nearly 200 images i wanna upload, this is going to take some time

i had this prob in the most latest submission meaning my others had passed right? cmon man if 89 images are fine what is this

Alamy didn't fail you and freeze your account because 1 out of 89 images failed.  They failed you because your personal QC wasn't good enough.  When they sampled your images, as soon as they found one that failed QC, they stopped checking.  One fails, they all fail.  It might have been the first image they checked or the last.  You don't know, and Alamy aren't telling.  Which means you could have other images that aren't good enough in that 89.

You now have 6 days to recheck all your images to ensure that they meet Alamy technical standards unless you want to risk another failure.

i had this prob in the most latest submission meaning my others had passed right? cmon man if 89 images are fine what is this

Alamy didn't fail you and freeze your account because 1 out of 89 images failed.  They failed you because your personal QC wasn't good enough.  When they sampled your images, as soon as they found one that failed QC, they stopped checking.  One fails, they all fail.  It might have been the first image they checked or the last.  You don't know, and Alamy aren't telling.  Which means you could have other images that aren't good enough in that 89.

You now have 6 days to recheck all your images to ensure that they meet Alamy technical standards unless you want to risk another failure.

do i have to reupload them or i can delete the ones that i feel dont meet the set limit and resend? its gonna take some time to select those images again man

do i have to reupload them or i can delete the ones that i feel dont meet the set limit and resend? its gonna take some time to select those images again man

Check all you want to resubmit.  Reject any that aren't good enough.  Only then upload (once your freeze expires).  

At this stage you may be better to upload in smaller batches and wait for one batch to pass before uploading the next.  

If you're talking about a fail, read this.

Cheers,

Philippe

mate do all get a 6 day freeze?

Yep! From the contributors' web page:

Your QC rank

Stars indicate your rank with a QC based on your pass/fail history. Your upload privileges will be frozen for 10 days if you’re ranked 1 star (out of 3) and your submission fails QC.

In the past, it used to be 30 days.

Cheers,

Philippe

thanks! well it still is taking quite long, so... i got like nearly 200 images i wanna upload, this is going to take some time

Yep, but it takes even longer if you don't get it right first (or second, third, ...) time. You have to do your own QC at some stage so the first time is the best time ... ;)

You are lucky. Before the new Image Manager was introduced a few months ago, as someone said above, the freeze lasted 30 days.

If you don't think that is motivation to check every single image at 100%, think again. I check every square inch of skies and plain surfaces for dust spots, every edge for CA, and everything for noise. And if it doesn't look sharp, I toss it.

If you overfilter, that sometimes causes problems. Be very careful what filters you use. If you use them, check the finished product again.

Betty

what happened, i uploaded like 4 submissions totaling up to 95 images and just because 1 image didnt make it i got frozen?

guys isnt this a bit too strict?

doesn't matter whether we think it is strict- why don't you spend some time and read up on the requirements at Alamy

Alamy are suppliers of images for the professional market. It's up to you to supply images that are of the required technical quality. If you aren't sure, post a 100% crop here and you will get loads of excellent advice from top level photographers. Alamy isn't a club or discussion group. It's an agency.

Colin

Amateurs.

That is a bit unfriendly, would you agree? Someone who is mean could look at your portfolio and think "only amateurs shoot that much boring and repetitive stuff";  but I actually think you have many great images and hope you are making good sales.

Siva, like others said, there is reason why your images will be licensed for higher amount on Alamy; customers expect high-end quality.  

Don't be afraid to show your image(s) here.  This forum is for the most part very friendly and willing to help!  There will be critique that might not make you feel too good initially, but at the end it will only make you better photographer.

Amateurs.

That is a bit unfriendly, would you agree? Someone who is mean could look at your portfolio and think "only amateurs shoot that much boring and repetitive stuff";  but I actually think you have many great images and hope you are making good sales.

Siva, like others said, there is reason why your images will be licensed for higher amount on Alamy; customers expect high-end quality.  

Don't be afraid to show your image(s) here.  This forum is for the most part very friendly and willing to help!  There will be critique that might not make you feel too good initially, but at the end it will only make you better photographer.

Much of stock shots are what one would call boring. Newspapers etc aren't looking for pretty content images, they want images that illustrate a story or news item.

My biggest seller was a picture of a liquor store.  And  a picture of a lone shopping cart.  Talk about boring.  But that is a lot of what stock is.

Jill

"That is a bit unfriendly, would you agree?"

Nope- Anybody who cannot be bothered or cannot understand the T and Cs is indeed an amateur in the professional world of stock photography.

"Someone who is mean could look at your portfolio and think "only amateurs shoot that much boring and repetitive stuff";"

Which would be typical of the person who knows nothing about stock or how it works as a business i.e An Amateur

Regen

"That is a bit unfriendly, would you agree?"

Nope- Anybody who cannot be bothered or cannot understand the T and Cs is indeed an amateur in the professional world of stock photography.

"Someone who is mean could look at your portfolio and think "only amateurs shoot that much boring and repetitive stuff";"

Which would be typical of the person who knows nothing about stock or how it works as a business i.e An Amateur

Regen

I agree but I would be inclined to call it "unprofessional". There are many amateurs who are professional in their approach to their photography and stock business, and too many so-called professionals whose approach and technique is anything but.

I'm an amateur when it comes to photography here because I don't do enough or make enough money to be regarded as anything else. However, I get the rules and have 3 stars and treat the agency with respect. Ergo, in my case, photography remains more of a fun pastime as opposed to what I do for a job otherwise.

I'm an amateur when it comes to photography here because I don't do enough or make enough money to be regarded as anything else. However, I get the rules and have 3 stars and treat the agency with respect. Ergo, in my case, photography remains more of a fun pastime as opposed to what I do for a job otherwise.

Well said, exactly how it should be when you are serving paying customers. An amateur should still be professional in how they deal with their customers, however occasional or few.

Archived