Infringement - what would you charge for this?

Afternoon all

I have an image that is being ripped off numerous times but I just found one that is a blatant infringement. They have taken it from the Daily Mail which ran a story on some images I did in London last year.

What category should this be put under:

https://media.licdn.com/media-proxy/ext?w=800&h=800&hash=lqZnNXezqmHomgLOI%2F6k8N6kUKY%3D&ora=1%2CaFBCTXdkRmpGL2lvQUFBPQ%2CxAVta9Er0Vinkhwfjw8177yE41y87UNCVordEGXyD3u0qYrdfyXpK8eKLOOpuQhAcCgclFVjevL6QDLlD5PoL4zmftlwj56zcY27dA4BYBI3iSdF_NQ8

Afternoon all

I have an image that is being ripped off numerous times but I just found one that is a blatant infringement. They have taken it from the Daily Mail which ran a story on some images I did in London last year.

https://media.licdn.com/media-proxy/ext?w=800&h=800&hash=lqZnNXezqmHomgLOI%2F6k8N6kUKY%3D&ora=1%2CaFBCTXdkRmpGL2lvQUFBPQ%2CxAVta9Er0Vinkhwfjw8177yE41y87UNCVordEGXyD3u0qYrdfyXpK8eKLOOpuQhAcCgclFVjevL6QDLlD5PoL4zmftlwj56zcY27dA4BYBI3iSdF_NQ8

Always nice when they leave the credit on an infringement, it makes it so much easier to call them on it.

Just had one used in a local paper this weekend gone, I billed them a two figure sum for web use and three figures for print use, they settled immediately, but the person who supplied the article and the image (from a Facebook post) won't be getting much joy from them!

For your picture I would use Pixsy.

Afternoon all

Always nice when they leave the credit on an infringement, it makes it so much easier to call them on it.

Just had one used in a local paper this weekend gone, I billed them a two figure sum for web use and three figures for print use, they settled immediately, but the person who supplied the article and the image (from a Facebook post) won't be getting much joy from them!

For your picture I would use Pixsy.

Thank you.

Curiosity, why would you use Pixsy and not go it alone?

Sorry, I forgot that you don't live here.

Then you need  someone who can go after an Australian company.

Thanks Mark. 

Next question. What sort of cash do Pixsy manage to get out of infringers? And the piece of string question, what have people experience time wise between claiming and success?

Sorry, I forgot that you don't live here.

Then you need  someone who can go after an Australian company.

Thanks Mark. 

Next question. What sort of cash do Pixsy manage to get out of infringers? And the piece of string question, what have people experience time wise between claiming and success?

If the infringement is straightforward (in my estimation) or if I think Pixsy won't touch it then I will go it alone, but they have done alright for me with UK and US infringements.

They have two cases of mine outstanding right now which are with big companies (a major publisher and a major TV company) and keep me informed, but after a year they say negotiations continue.

I believe that the negotiations are only about perceived value, not the actual infringements themselves, which were clear cut.

Pixsy identified, but wouldn't act on one particular case, which I handled myself.

It was a painting of one of my images taken from Flickr, the artist denied it, but after a few e-mails (where I used the threat of IPEC) she eventually settled for a three figure sum whilst still denying that she had blatantly copied my image... it was very easy to compare a multitude of exact points!

Pixsy pay 50% of what they can collect as a commission, whilst if they use english lawyers (certainly in my case) they pay 20% to them and 50% of the remaining 80% to me.

Archived