Interesting. But stupid. (Believe that was a Kenny Everett saying)

Allan

Of course! You are right. My memory is not so hot now.

Allan

The beast in this photo is a cow.

cathedral-church-of-our-lady-and-st-phil

Taken when at Arundel.

If not good enough I have this too.

the-cow-public-house-sign-cambridge-D48P

Sorry that is all I have.

Must get out more.

Allan

The beast in this photo is a cow.

cathedral-church-of-our-lady-and-st-phil

Taken when at Arundel.

Fantastic photo of the cathedral in Arundel Allan. Arundel is close to me and I go there all the time. There are so many photo opportunities there, and some of the cow photos I've posted here are from there (and I have some more in the QC process at the moment). Last week my nearest bus route changed which has meant I can now get to Arundel, and back to almost my door, on one bus (without having to change like I used to). In all the dozens of times I've been to Arundel, I have never seen the cathedral and that part of the town lit up so amazingly well!

Geoff.

Thank you for your kind comment Geoff. :) 

We were holidaying (is that a word?) and staying in a cottage at Wepham in 2011.

On the day of that photo shoot I had driven from Wepham to the junction with The Causeway and left the car at a unofficial parking spot, where people leave their cars and walk to Arundel station, to walk along the A27 Arundel bypass. The footpath is on the opposite side of the road to the town so was shooting across the carriageway with a long lens on my Canon 5D Mk2 I had at the time. I also got photos of the castle from there too.

It was a bit difficult at times as the road was very busy and at one point when lining up a shot I heard a "toot" and looked round to see a lorry driver had stopped and was holding up the traffic on his side of the carriageway. Glancing back at the queue I saw a police car in the traffic so smiled a thank you and waved him on, indicating the police car, before he was done for obstruction.

I got some great photos in the area that year.

Allan

With no image to contribute I just thought I'd add that this thread is an udderly good idea, though one or two of you do seem to be milking it.   :)

Why has a milking stool only got three legs?

Because the cows got the udder. :D

Allan

Thank you for your kind comment Geoff. :)

We were holidaying (is that a word?) and staying in a cottage at Wepham in 2011.

On the day of that photo shoot I had driven from Wepham to the junction with The Causeway and left the car at a unofficial parking spot, where people leave their cars and walk to Arundel station, to walk along the A27 Arundel bypass. The footpath is on the opposite side of the road to the town so was shooting across the carriageway with a long lens on my Canon 5D Mk2 I had at the time. I also got photos of the castle from there too.

It was a bit difficult at times as the road was very busy and at one point when lining up a shot I heard a "toot" and looked round to see a lorry driver had stopped and was holding up the traffic on his side of the carriageway. Glancing back at the queue I saw a police car in the traffic so smiled a thank you and waved him on, indicating the police car, before he was done for obstruction.

I got some great photos in the area that year.

Allan

You're welcome Allan.  :)

I know the road, and knew you would have taken that shot from there. I didn't think you'd be on the other side of the road though! :)   I've taken some shots from the side nearer the field. There isn't a path but there is enough room just about, if you don't mind tripping over a few holes and getting stabbed by prickly plants!

I took this photo from that road, but as you can see, it's not very well processed. I may actually re-do that. I wasn't very good at processing then.  :)

historic-town-of-arundel-including-the-c

At least it looks like you managed to get a blue sky. Mine was storm clouds.

I did get some great sunsets though because of them.

Allan

Archived