Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

Another AIM bug

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Stokie

Stokie

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationStoke-on-Trent, England, UK

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just selected 5 images by searching for a phrase. When you zoom in on them, my reference number comes up, which is very useful. However, there are only 3 different reference numbers ie 4 of the images have the same 2 numbers!

Anybody else found this?

I know Alamy said it was difficult to link our reference numbers so maybe they are trying but haven't quite got it right yet.

John.

www.johnkeatesimages.co.uk or if you want plans drawn for a house extension www.john-keates-design.co.uk

#2 spacecadet

spacecadet

Part of the forum furniture

• Verified
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,074 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, that's pretty useless.

I notice that they correct after a few seconds when you advance through the batch, then they will be unique when you go back, but the first and last two the same.

You can get the correct number by searching for the offending images on their own by Alamy reference, but it's pretty un-useful. If I needed this info I'd probably cross-reference with my own archive.

Edited by spacecadet, 3 weeks ago.

Mark Dunn

#3 Alamy

Alamy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 634 posts

Posted A week ago

Just selected 5 images by searching for a phrase. When you zoom in on them, my reference number comes up, which is very useful. However, there are only 3 different reference numbers ie 4 of the images have the same 2 numbers!

Anybody else found this?

I know Alamy said it was difficult to link our reference numbers so maybe they are trying but haven't quite got it right yet.

John.

To confirm, this has now been resolved following a round of minor bug fixes that went live yesterday.

Cheers

Alamy

fb.jpg twtr.jpg

#4 wiskerke

wiskerke

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationHaarlem - The Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Anybody else found this?

John.

To confirm, this has now been resolved following a round of minor bug fixes that went live yesterday.

Cheers

Alamy

Any chance of release notes?

They would be very much appreciated.

wim

#5 Alamy

Alamy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 634 posts

Posted A week ago

Anybody else found this?

John.

Cheers

Alamy

Any chance of release notes?

They would be very much appreciated.

wim

Hi Wim,

The recent release was just for minor bug fixes, this one being the only one users would be likely to notice.

Did you see our update from a few weeks ago with some key updates? We will update that thread with other key updates as and when they are released.

Cheers

Alamy

fb.jpg twtr.jpg

#6 wiskerke

wiskerke

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted A week ago

Hi Wim,

The recent release was just for minor bug fixes, this one being the only one users would be likely to notice.

Did you see our update from a few weeks ago with some key updates? We will update that thread with other key updates as and when they are released.

Cheers

Alamy

Yes, thank you.

I would still appreciate it a lot!

wim

#7 wiskerke

wiskerke

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted A week ago

OK here's a minor one:

When I type a word on the tag input line followed by a space; then paste a word; AIM deletes that space.

Like:

I type The Beheading   and paste of Saint Paul, the resulting tag is:

The Beheadingof Saint Paul

This would be less of a problem if the input line would wait for a return or a click on the plus icon.

Was the different behavior for typing and pasting a design choice? Why?

wim

edit: or

Edited by wiskerke, A week ago.

#8 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted A week ago

Ditto Wim, it would be nice to paste without the space being deleted and also not have it entered until you hit return.

Geoff.

#9 LawrensonPhoto

LawrensonPhoto

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted A week ago

+1

#10 mickfly

mickfly

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationTransient

Posted A week ago

+1

#11 Stokie

Stokie

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationStoke-on-Trent, England, UK

Posted 6 days ago

Anybody else found this?

John.

Cheers

Alamy

Cheers Alamy!

John.

www.johnkeatesimages.co.uk or if you want plans drawn for a house extension www.john-keates-design.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users