Lifted Infringement - Alamy doesn't want to know!

I found this https://newssummedup.com/summary/Transport-strike-may-spread-as-ballots-planned-r8292m unauthorised usage this morning, emailed Alamy and received this reply:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sending this over, we have had a look and unfortunately, we can’t chase this particular usage for you as it looks as though it is a lifted use.

A lifted use is when an entire article including the image has been copied from another website who have licenced the image.

We’ve licensed the image to a customer; if another source copies this usage from the customer without their permission then you’re free to follow this up yourself, but we cannot get involved.

Thanks

Corin

Where do I stand with this? Do I just take it on the chin, or follow it up? If I follow it up, what are the next steps?

Thanks in anticipation.

It's a news aggregator/ clickbait site probably in the Far East or Russia. I have dozens. Forget it.

It's easy to pursue these in England now as there's a small claims procedure, but that doesn't help you.

It's a news aggregator/ clickbait site probably in the Far East or Russia. I have dozens. Forget it.

It's easy to pursue these in England now as there's a small claims procedure, but that doesn't help you.

OK, thanks. I just wanted to be sure.

Archived