I haven't seen this issue mentioned before, unless I missed it, but for a while I have been experiencing a bug in AIM.

I do a search using the AIM Search tab. Say it returns 100 images.

I work on them say 10 at a time, adding a tag or editing something, then save them as I go.

After the first few blocks of 10, the same block repeats showing the unedited version.

So in other words, the 10 images I have just edited and saved show again unedited. Both versions on the same screen.

To start with I wasn't sure, I thought I was cracking up, but today I've seen it for sure.

Anyone else noticed it?

Gen

Not seen that yet Gen but will keep an eye out!

Kumar (the Doc one)

Thanks Doc.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken a screen dump, so it's hard to report to Alamy.

It's unfortunate because the repeating section rarely fits on one screen unless I scroll up and down. Today it did. Doh!

I have noticed repeated images in searches within AIM, if it's a topic on which I have a lot of images.   I just checked, and when I edit one of them, and then later scroll down until I find a duplicate, the duplicate also shows the new edits.    So I have found duplicates, but they appear to contain the edits made.

Maria

I have noticed repeated images in searches within AIM, if it's a topic on which I have a lot of images.   I just checked, and when I edit one of them, and then later scroll down until I find a duplicate, the duplicate also shows the new edits.    So I have found duplicates, but they appear to contain the edits made.

Maria

Interesting. Mine definitely did not include the edits. It had the same Alamy Ref. ID, it was definitely the same image.

When it first happened, I had the feeling that I had already seen that image but re-did the edit anyway. I was going round and round in circles...

So what I ended up doing, is doing edits on a few blocks, wait for a database update and start again with what's left.

I had composed a post about repeat images in large searches, something I noticed some time ago because the "working on" and "all images" numbers did not tally, but I've just tried it again and it appears to have been fixed.

So, sorry, that's no help at all, is it?

I had composed a post about repeat images in large searches, something I noticed some time ago because the "working on" and "all images" numbers did not tally, but I've just tried it again and it appears to have been fixed.

So, sorry, that's no help at all, is it?

I think that there are a few issues with numbers not adding up in various places.

Yesterday I noticed that AIM was showing something like "14 images uploaded" while it clearly correctly showed the thumbnails for more than double that. I quit worrying about it. It eventually falls back into line.

I ran into a problem about a month ago that may be related.  Not paying attention as I sometimes do, I uploaded a duplicate group of photos by mistake.  When I discovered my error I emailed CS and asked them to delete the duplicate submission.  They replied that they couldn't delete the submission while it was in QC, but that I could do it myself once they cleared.  That was fine with me and when they cleared QC I tagged them all for deletion.  A week or so later I discovered that rather than being deleted the photos in that submission had all the same tags and captions as the photos from the original submission.  I didn't want to re-tag the photos in the duplicate submission for deletion so I emailed CS and explained the problem and asked them to delete the entire submission for me.  I am still not sure if they understood what happened, but they deleted the images.  It got me thinking that even though the duplicate submission had different Alamy image ID numbers, maybe the system uses my personal image ID numbers which were the same to apply data.  It seemed like a bug and I was hoping to call it to Alamy's attention.  I guess I should experiment and upload 2 images with duplicate ID numbers and caption and keyword them differently and see what happens.

Archived