Setting restrictions on images

QUESTION: When you make changes under Alamy Image Manager > Optional > Restrictions > Don't sell for personal use.... There is a small calendar to the right of this > "Add end date" - What does this mean? Do you have to specify how low long you want restrictions to last? Confusing.

Also, these personal use restrictions can only be applied to RM images not RF, correct?

BTW, I had asked this question under "Personal Use" topic but it seems like it was skipped over.

Thanks.

When you set restrictions you can either set an end date or not, in which case the restrictions won't expire. This might be useful if a client has licensed the image for a 2 year exclusive. After the time is up the restriction should automatically expire.

EDIT: Obviously I haven't tried it but when I download metadata into Lightroom with the Alamy plug-in restricted images that don't have an expiration show as "Forever."

BTW, I had asked this question under "Personal Use" topic but it seems like it was skipped over.

Thanks.

A few people had replied. Alamy didn't like the answers and deleted the thread....

Archived