Something significant has happened with AIM today

It used to be that putting bhz in the caption was a "no-no". The idea was that if everyone put it in essential keywords only we would get an accurate reading. Now only the first 23 images on the first page do not have bhz in the caption. All of the rest of us on the page have added it to the caption along with whatever else we have done in tags. Those 23 have some sort of advantage that puts them in front of all of us. Probably some kind of ranking.

Paulette

This is the first time I have added BHZ to any of my images with the following results

Image 1 with BHZ as supertag - page 11

image 2 with BHZ in caption - page 25

image 3 with BHZ as just a tag - page 29

31 pages of BHZ

My conclusion is that supertags are very important compared to captions which are in turn slightly more important than normal tags.

Incidentally all 3 images are taken in Phuket Town. If I search for "old phuket town" image 3 is on the first page position 16, image 2 is in position 54 on page 1 and image 1 is in position  51 on page 2.

Can anyone enlighten me on what this indicates about my rank?

Out of interest I will now switch to the following and see what happens tomorrow

Image 1 with BHZ as just a tag

image 2 with BHZ as supertag

image 3 with BHZ in caption

Kevin

Would also be interesting to see results of BHZ in caption + supertag, as well as BHZ in caption + tag

Yes I did think of doing this so I have now added:

image 4 with caption and supertag 

image 5 with caption and tag

Kevin

Follow up BHZ results as follows which is pretty conclusive

Image 1 with BHZ as just a tag         Page 30, position 1

image 2 with BHZ as supertag          Page 12, position 45

image 3 with BHZ in caption only      Page 25, position 3

image 4 with caption and supertag   Page 2, position 3

image 5 with caption and tag            Page 5, position 85

Can anyone comment about where rank comes into play in all this?

Kevin

My findings are consistent with yours.  Furthermore, I can now say that duplicate tags for a search have an identical position to single tags (a big change from before).

As I've said, BHZ gives a good indication of relative ranking for my pseudos.  I don't see why that wouldn't be the case for all of us.

It would probably be best if everyone kept BHZ only as one supertag in a RM image.  I find the sensitivity of a BHZ test is dependant on rank itself and BHZ placement. 

For example, the following are BHZ search pages at 120/p, for Supertag/Caption/Tag:

Best pseudo: 3/3/22

Middle pseudo: 9/19/23

Worst pseudo: 19/19/24

After getting almost all the way through beefing up my Captions, I'm now confronted with upping my supertags since all those duplicates no longer help.  A daunting task.

It used to be that putting bhz in the caption was a "no-no". The idea was that if everyone put it in essential keywords only we would get an accurate reading. Now only the first 23 images on the first page do not have bhz in the caption. All of the rest of us on the page have added it to the caption along with whatever else we have done in tags. Those 23 have some sort of advantage that puts them in front of all of us. Probably some kind of ranking.

Paulette

There's nothing wrong with putting BHZ everywhere for experimental reasons.

Like this one. (Does this link work?)

Anyway the image did not get to page 1 this way. Not even with all those supertags. Which were probably a glitch.

wim

edit: another link

Tag in caption puts my image back up to p1 from p19 with just tag+super.

So captions still have very high significance.

Caption only, back to p20.

Synergy.

I'm deleting it now, and yes, there evidently was an update on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Tag in caption puts my image back up to p1 from p19 with just tag+super.

So captions still have very high significance.

Caption only, back to p20.

Synergy.

I'm deleting it now, and yes, there evidently was an update on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

There was a database update I noted saturday morning and a further one Sunday morning

Kumar (the Doc one)

Archived