Something significant has happened with AIM today

Sorry but, what do you mean when you write BHZ?  :unsure:

Try searching the forum for BHZ and you'll find lots about it. It used to be a way of trying to discover your Alamy rank (put BHZ as a super tag on just one image). Wait 24 hours, then search for BHZ on Alamy and note where your image appears relative to all the others playing the BHZ game. In recent times the results are all over the place, and Alamy have always said it's not a sensible test, but I have found it useful in the past.

Some sort of very weird re-rank has occurred. I have a test image that has moved down the first page of a search but other similar keyworded images of mine have been pulled onto that same page.

As far a BHZ is concerned all my BHZ images for all my pseudos were on page 10. An image from my best selling psuedo is now on page one and the rest are spread up to page 10.

This change has doubled the views on my main pseudo.

What does it all mean? 

What are ALAMY up to?

It's bloody frustrating not knowing what to do next if anything.

If this is a journey ALAMY are going on it would be really good to let it's passengers have a clue of where we are going with an update or two along the way.

Cheers

Craig (one of the passengers)

There's something funny about the current results. Set the bhz to New and have a look at the first three. Note that there's no More underneath the thumbnails. Nor is BHZ in the keywords.

wim

edit: typo

I see bhz in the keywords of all three new "bhz" images. What are the Alamy image refs of the images you're seeing?

There's something funny about the current results. Set the bhz to New and have a look at the first three. Note that there's no More underneath the thumbnails. Nor is BHZ in the keywords.

wim

I see bhz in the keywords of all three new "bhz" images. What are the Alamy image refs of the images you're seeing?

J1YK30 J1YF8F J1YERM

The third has bhz in the caption now.

Makes me question my sanity. However I had not checked it by hand, but I did a page search. And it did not show up.

wim

wim

BHZ is in the title for the first and tags for the next two.  What do you mean?

You are searching only for RM right?

wim

BHZ is in the title for the first and tags for the next two.  What do you mean?

You are searching only for RM right?

No I did search for RM+RF New.

Yes now it is, but not when I did a page search the first time. Or my page search is/was broken.

Some of us did see weird results at some points.

wim

My images have gone up in both BHZ and in some of my other searches.  So the latest search engine tweaking is good news for me.

Re the title of this thread, were there changes to the image manager (AIM) as well today?

Maria

Hi All

Just had a look interesting images are appearing in searches that have NOTHING to do with the search term used????? also the new mix is strange buyers are going to be confused.

This needs tweaking so results are at least what you expect .

Regards

Jon

My images have gone up in both BHZ and in some of my other searches.  So the latest search engine tweaking is good news for me.

Re the title of this thread, were there changes to the image manager (AIM) as well today?

Maria

This was precisely my point Maria - the changes in BHZ from my POV were in the right direction though not bringing me back to previous status (now on P3 rather than p5 as was recently, but I was on p1 before December).

However, more importantly  there have been changes in the order of images in the searches within my pseudonym - which lead me to wonder whether Alamy have finally managed to give Supertags a special importance which they haven't really had till now - and may explain why Geoffs' images are now much better placed, as I believe he has been continuing to use the supertags in the correct way -

More investigation needs to be done, and also of course it could all get put back again in the next database change later today!

Kumar (the Doc one)

Hi Doc

Im also finding the order of images within pseudonym changed with older images superseding newer ones the older ones haven't been fiddled with i.e. they were keyworded before the new IM.

I think its been churned a little too much don't you?

Jon

Further to my previous posting, and since the update of the database today,  I think Supertags now seem to have been given more importance than they had before. .....Finally.

Kumar

I have tagged and super tagged according to Alamy's instructions from day 1 with AIM. Images from my latest upload on sale today are scattered about on pages 1 & 2.

Yet I'm not making many sales this month, turning out to be the worst in ages. I guess my product doesn't stack up. :(

Betty

Something's definitely changed. My BHZ test image has moved down from Page 4 to 6. Now moving all tags from my old "BHZ" image to a new image, to see if the result I got before (Page 1) is repeated. I'll check tomorrow.

I swapped all the tags, supertags (incl BHZ), and the caption, and other settings (but NOT the date taken) from my old BHZ image, to a much newer image, and the position of the image with BHZ supertag stays the same. Looks like the age of the image doesn't have much effect.

Archived