1 hour ago, KevinS said:

All mine opted out p/u. Received and ignored the email from Alamy today. 

Ditto.

Allan

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I don't restrict unreleased images- surely it's not  legally necessary. it's down to the publisher.

I thought the same. As I understood it, if I mark an image as rights managed and say no to model and property releases, isn't the onus on the buyer to use the image correctly?

PU We make $9 ish Art.com make more from our work do Alamy take the same cut from the printers as  they take from us!

Just wondering I have therefore opted OUT..

Do the printers keep the file >>

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I don't restrict unreleased images- surely it's not  legally necessary. it's down to the publisher.

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Ditto.

Allan

That's the way I see it too. Also by doing it this way it means the purchaser can seek a release if they want to. If I were to restrict an image to Editorial only I am telling the purchaser they are not allowed to pursue their own releases. ie. I'm setting a rule. Well that's the way I see it anyway.

1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

That's the way I see it too. Also by doing it this way it means the purchaser can seek a release if they want to. If I were to restrict an image to Editorial only I am telling the purchaser they are not allowed to pursue their own releases. ie. I'm setting a rule. Well that's the way I see it anyway.

Generally, I only set editorial-only restrictions on pics from those events where the accreditation only allows me to use them for editoral purposes. After all the accreditation agreement is a contract.

Archived