From what I can tell, you have to buy the digital version first, then you can order a print.  So the buyer gets both a print and a digital copy of the file.

Jill

The following would suggest that you're correct:

"Need a print? Print your Alamy purchases with Art.com"

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. No?

So following two PU sales of photos of boxes of medications, the first refunded, the second presumably will be refunded soon, I put this in the description of every file in the series: "NB: this is a stock image of medications, NOT a sale of the medications."

Yet overnight another PU sale of a box of medication sold this morning as a PU, so I double-checked the note is showing on the file page, and it is, although 'below the fold' on my monitor.

Do people get PU sales of other 'products'?

The problem about complaining to alamy about any personal use licenses is that they have already supplied the large file so they can't give it back so they say "oh sorry, i thought i was buying the item, give me the money back" and keep the file anyway. So I guess its better to just not complain to alamy about spurious personal use licenses or pull out of them and lose distributor licences and the spurious downloader will start using the presentation route

kevin

I had a PU of an argos delivery lorry at the same time that the delivery drivers were going on strike so it was obviously not a PU but a news item. Did I report it ..... No, because it had a good chance of being refunded and they would have got it for free which is even worse. I trust alamy to deal with all aspects of selling my images to the point that I just deal with them now, but dealing with PU I just feel that it was a bad move by alamy in

A.bringing them in at that price point

B.Having no safeguards in place in dealing with abuse of PU, which there obviously is on quite a large scale

kevin

Just in. Somebody bought my image of a FedEx building exterior for cards, wall, etc. non-commercial, of course. ;) should make a lovely wall print.

Betty

Well... I suppose it could be a nostalgic former employee looking for a reminder print of the good old days at FedEx to hang on the wall (or to throw darts at).

Just in. Somebody bought my image of a FedEx building exterior for cards, wall, etc. non-commercial, of course. ;) should make a lovely wall print.

Betty

Well... I suppose it could be a nostalgic former employee looking for a reminder print of the good old days at FedEx to hang on the wall (or to throw darts at).

:D

• 2 weeks later...

A search some time ago on "illum copenhagen" (a department store) has resulted in a personal use sale yesterday.

Not the most obvious image for a personal use.

As Betty and John say, should make a lovely wall print  - for a former employee  :D

a-christmas-decorated-central-hall-and-f

I've licensed 5 personal use this month- three of the images are banks

is anyone dumb enough to think they are buying a bank for $19.99?

This one was only $8.52.

I often take a stroll down the Strøget in Copenhagen - cannot help taking a Captain Cook when there.

Another what I assume is a PU sale dropped in. That will be verified tomorrow when it shows up on my sales page. The price is 19.99 which is what PU is in the US.

That's the second sale of a storefront!! this month. I hope somebody enjoys their print of a furniture store.

One could think, hey, a sale is better than a kick in the pants, right?

But if this person is using the image for commercial purposes, I'm missing out on 3-4 times that amount.

Betty

Betty - Just hit the download button on the sales report, and you can then open a spreadsheet file with the same details that you'll see on the sales report page in a few hours.

Geoff.

My 'Download sale report' doesn't give usage - just the numbers.

Betty - Just hit the download button on the sales report, and you can then open a spreadsheet file with the same details that you'll see on the sales report page in a few hours.

Geoff.

My 'Download sale report' doesn't give usage - just the numbers.
As Geoff said, perhaps you have only a few boxes ticked? I use this download facility whenever I have a sale and it shows all the details.

Actually, it shows even more details than the Sales screen as the last column shows the real buyer's country for 'Worldwide' use. It used to be important for DACS as 'worldwide' did not count.

Gen

Thanks for that.

It's for Presentation & Newsletters. But it just says Worldwide, not the country. Same price as PU.

Betty

Edit...woopdedoo, that makes two sales for the month. My share, $20. I can't get a full tank of gasoline for that. I do drive all over the city for these types of images. Glad my Subaru gets good gas mileage.

Thanks for that.

It's for Presentation & Newsletters. But it just says Worldwide, not the country. Same price as PU.

Betty

Doesn't the last column 'Region' show the country Betty?

Thanks for that.

Betty

Yes! I didn't see it at first because I'm on my iPad and didn't scroll sideways. I was shocked at all I didn't see, lol.

Betty

Thanks for that.

Betty

Yes! I didn't see it at first because I'm on my iPad and didn't scroll sideways. I was shocked at all I didn't see, lol.

Betty

No worries. I love my iPad to bits but sometimes its use is tricky. Sometimes I'm even mad at it!

Gen

I'd wondered if you could see your download on the iPad. I've tried on mine. I get the headers, but not the figures.

Hi Cecile. Do you mean uploads? My submissions? I can see the images if I scroll down. There is a big blank space opposite the submission numbers for some reason.

Gen

Betty

You'd be surprised at just how many posters of FedEx buildings and vans I have on my walls...

Er, none lol. :D

Here is a legitimate $19.99 use for shots of store signage that you may have not have considered.

I had an assignment by oil company A to go to 5 of their locations in Toronto and photograph their gas stations showing their signage. Signage that varied slightly between stations, the way a motorist would see the signage from the road as they approached the station.

The second part was to drive around Toronto and photograph other  oil companies signage in the same way. I was to spend a day on the assignment and get as many gas stations from as many different oil companies with as much varying signage as possible.

My client, Oil company A was going to redesign their signage and needed a slide show for their first design meeting

I was paid my day rate plus costs. That price, considering the volume produced, worked out to a lot less than $19.99 per slide 
Maybe the above is one reason for buying images of retail signs at $10 or $20

Anyway, retail signs are worth producing, and Alamy will get a higher price if they can.

Here is a shot from this months sales. Editorial RF $95.00

walmart-sign-at-the-scarborough-town-cen

Archived