I've been with Alamy since 2015 and sold only 4 images.

You are to be congratulated. Alamy now has over 100 million images online (I'm old enough to be able to imagine this as a pile of 35mm transparencies and it would be bigger than several Volvo's stacked on top of each other, I guess.) To have 4 sales with only 615 images contributed is nothing short of miraculous. We probably need a new metaphor to describe your contribution in the greater scheme of things, as "a drop in the ocean" doesn't come close.

My advice is to concentrate on building up your collection of images (at least try to put a 0 on the end of your total) and let Alamy get on with selling them, for now. You may not feel so cheated when you're selling 4 a week.

Yes you could look at it in that way. I just reacted to the difference in price. :)

I know what your concern was, but my advice is to get more images online and then the smaller sales will be compensated for by the bigger ones. My lowest so far is €4 and my biggest is €1100.

Yes, I was encouraged by the recent sale. More are on the way. :)

Yes, It's IBL and I found out that the buyer is Dagens Nyheter. Their monthly edition is about 280 000 so I've asked IBL why the usage info says 10000. Since I haven't sold other images I have to stay with the distribution deal until my sales go up someday. :)

I recently had a picture in Dagens Nyheter through agency TT and they charged 720 SEK for it. Still on the low side but much better.

Rolf

Yes, It's IBL and I found out that the buyer is Dagens Nyheter. Their monthly edition is about 280 000 so I've asked IBL why the usage info says 10000. Since I haven't sold other images I have to stay with the distribution deal until my sales go up someday. :)

I recently had a picture in Dagens Nyheter through agency TT and they charged 720 SEK for it. Still on the low side but much better.

Rolf

That's great. I applied for becoming a TT contributor last year but got rejected. I'm gonna apply again this year. :)

Rolf

That's great. I applied for becoming a TT contributor last year but got rejected. I'm gonna apply again this year. :)

They don't sell that much, but at least they try and get decent prices. About joining, talk to Leif Blom.

Rolf

Rolf

They don't sell that much, but at least they try and get decent prices. About joining, talk to Leif Blom.

Rolf

Thanks! :)

Archived