Alamy QC Blog updated

Thanks for pointing us to this. I certainly hadn't noticed it.

I fascinated to learn that "getting three QC stars is easy". I've never had any photo fail QC in 180 submissions over 5 years and I still only have two stars. I wonder what that third easy star involves?

I fascinated to learn that "getting three QC stars is easy". I've never had any photo fail QC in 180 submissions over 5 years and I still only have two stars. I wonder what that third easy star involves?

That's curious, my QC record sounds similar to yours, and yet I've got 3 stars. More gremlins in the system?

That's curious, my QC record sounds similar to yours, and yet I've got 3 stars. More gremlins in the system?

Now there's a coincidence for you - this morning my QC ranking has leapt to three stars. It must be your positive influence Mark.  :)

Sod's law  says my next submission will fail....

Hmmm...I just went to look at my submission history (I have three stars), but I don't see the button for that anywhere. Is it gone?

The left-hand panel in AIM is your sub history now, I think. No more proud pages of green.

1 star. Unfortunately I had a recent fail. Silly me.

Allan

But you're the ***star*** of this forum  :wub:

Cheers,

Philippe  :P

Thanks Philippe but I think everyone on these forums are stars. :)

Allan

I've just noticed Alamy's blog entitled Alamy QC. How it works has been updated following introduction of the new Image Manager and explains the QC star rating and upload freezing if you fail.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I hadn't noticed it.

Some of those complaints comments are a year old so it can't be that new.

I've just noticed Alamy's blog entitled Alamy QC. How it works has been updated following introduction of the new Image Manager and explains the QC star rating and upload freezing if you fail.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I hadn't noticed it.

Some of those complaints comments are a year old so it can't be that new.

Original blog was written in 2014 (hence the old comments). But the updated blog title reads "Alamy QC. How it works – updated for 2017" and it includes information about the new Image Manager interface which was released late in 2016. The blog has been substantially rewritten.

Archived