Favourite images you have uploaded in April 2017

A couple of very recent shots.

Visiting the home "Fallingwater" that famed architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, designed back in the 1930's. A very late in the season snowfall made it a bit unusual.

frank-lloyd-wright-fallingwater-mill-run

And this was shot late last well in D.C.

usa-washington-dc-dc-the-mall-at-night-w

One of my favourite photos I've ever taken. Taken on the South Downs in England.

This is outstanding. Well done.

Sandro

Thank you so much! Very kind of you to say.  :)

Geoff.

You know that thing a photographer (almost :ph34r: ) never admits? I wish I'd taken that picture...  :rolleyes:

A "baby" giant sequoia growing in front of a mature tree.

giant-sequoia-coast-redwood-coastal-redw

Playing with shadows

shadow-profile-of-an-icelandic-horse-in-

Arnarstapi

arnarstapi-icelandic-fishing-village-oce

I was very taken by your old tree, young tree photo so I took a look at your portfolio. Love those horses! You have very good images but I was struck by how much white space appears on your first page (didn't look further). I haven't seen that before. Something to do with the sizing of the images? It just looks odd to me.

Paulette

I was very taken by your old tree, young tree photo so I took a look at your portfolio. Love those horses! You have very good images but I was struck by how much white space appears on your first page (didn't look further). I haven't seen that before. Something to do with the sizing of the images? It just looks odd to me.

Paulette

Thank you, Paulette. I appreciate your comments. What do you mean by "white space"? Could you be more specific? I don't see any issues with how my images are displayed on my side.

Paulette

Thank you, Paulette. I appreciate your comments. What do you mean by "white space"? Could you be more specific? I don't see any issues with how my images are displayed on my side.

I hope you'll be able to see this. It is just one section that has a lot of white space. There are other spots on that page. Seems to only be the first page...

Paulette

Alas, no, it doesn't work. Let me try something else....

http://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid=%7B898DE1EF-78D6-4677-9858-EB0804C56320%7D&name=rubens%2Dalarcon&st=12

This is just a link to your images from my computer so I don't know if you'll be able to see what I have seen.

Paulette

I hope you'll be able to see this. It is just one section that has a lot of white space. There are other spots on that page. Seems to only be the first page...

Paulette

http://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid=%7B898DE1EF-78D6-4677-9858-EB0804C56320%7D&name=rubens%2Dalarcon&st=12

This is just a link to your images from my computer so I don't know if you'll be able to see what I have seen.

Based on your link, I don't see odd blank spaces in the page. Do you mean the white space after the last picture in the page? Did you check if you have the same problem with other contributors' pages? Could it be a browser issue?

Paulette

Paulette

Based on your link, I don't see odd blank spaces in the page. Do you mean the white space after the last picture in the page? Did you check if you have the same problem with other contributors' pages? Could it be a browser issue?

I don't see it elsewhere and you have the right number of pics on the page so it is not really a problem. There will be maybe 15 images and then a blank space before the next one. At one point it is only one image in the row with a big blank space before it.

Paulette

Paulette

Paulette

I don't see it elsewhere and you have the right number of pics on the page so it is not really a problem. There will be maybe 15 images and then a blank space before the next one. At one point it is only one image in the row with a big blank space before it.

Paulette

It does not show on my side but I appreciate you pointing it out.

Dog running on the beach. Goodness knows what breed - Any suggestions shall be appreciated!
side-view-of-a-large-brown-dog-running-o

Looks rather like a young version of my daughter's Hungarian Wire haired Vizsla.  Italian Spinone is another possibility.  Definitely a puppy, the muscle formation and chest depth is not that of an adult dog,

Edit:  Here's my daughters adult Wire haired Vizsla:

mature-male-hungarian-wire-haired-vizsla

I don't normally upload snaps of the Mrs, but I did think this one just might sell. It ties in with the recent forum discussion on the use of flash, and here I have used both the pop up flash and fiddled in LR and PS to lift the shadows. A backlit scene taken in St John's in the Vale, English Lake District.

backlit-scene-of-active-retired-woman-in

Archived