We are there ........................

Matt Limb

100 million images.....

.....10 million professional looking photographs.

Geoff,

Thanks for the vote of confidence Geoff. :)

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

100 million images.....

.....10 million professional looking photographs.

Geoff,

Thanks for the vote of confidence Geoff. :)

Allan

All your images are clearly in that 10 million Allan.   :D   My older ones certainly aren't! That's why I got rid of....most of them.   :lol:

Geoff.

Actually Geoff my images are CR*P. :(

Seems no one wants them. Unless it is the fault of the new SE. :angry:

Allan

Alamy has reached 100 million images!!

That is one hell of a lot of man hours just to take them all let alone keywording. :huh:

Allan

And it's gonna be even more and even faster... Microstock is doing really bad last days (months) for many people, earnings are collapsing year by year and from what I know, they move from micros to Alamy asap. Just go to the MSG group forum to see what is going on with micros, how people evacuate. Example from the backyard - my friend used to earn $1-2 k from only one micro and now barely can get $100-300 (per month). Many others are in similiar situation, no matter how much more images they submit every month. I also get private messages asking which macro stock agencies to use, where to go as they have enough of micros falling $.

Would you like to earn $0,02 or $0,15 for your work used in client's projects?

Also, the quantity game was perfect for agencies at their begining. Now it starts to be a problem more than a business goal. I mean, if there is no quantity better selection, we can expect only one ending just like we can see it on few examples (no competitors names on this forum, right?)...

And it's gonna be even more and even faster... Microstock is doing really bad last days (months) for many people, earnings are collapsing year by year and from what I know, they move from micros to Alamy asap. Just go to the MSG group forum to see what is going on with micros, how people evacuate. Example from the backyard - my friend used to earn $1-2 k from only one micro and now barely can get $100-300 (per month). Many others are in similiar situation, no matter how much more images they submit every month. I also get private messages asking which macro stock agencies to use, where to go as they have enough of micros falling $.

Would you like to earn $0,02 or $0,15 for your work used in client's projects?

Also, the quantity game was perfect for agencies at their begining. Now it starts to be a problem more than a business goal. I mean, if there is no quantity better selection, we can expect only one ending just like we can see it on few examples (no competitors names on this forum, right?)...

I'm no nuclear physicist, but I believe that after critical mass comes meltdown...

I suspect that many  images have been imported as a job lot. Searching through the papers I encounter shots used without a caption and with dreadful keywording.

I have a, perhaps forlorn, hope that the more fastidious key-worders might still survive the onslaught

I suspect that many  images have been imported as a job lot. Searching through the papers I encounter shots used without a caption and with dreadful keywording.

I have a, perhaps forlorn, hope that the more fastidious key-worders might still survive the onslaught

Yes, soon a word may be worth a thousand pictures. That's the hope, anyway...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived