Have you found any Alamy photos April 2017

Having the photo used for that article must be literally adding insult to injury!

Actually I was very glad to have seen it used - better than not!  It was always only going to be used for a car-crash type of article, so I was prepared for it.  It has in fact previously been used to illustrate an article on a similar topic in the Daily Mail.

Thank you to the people who expressed kind wishes towards my wife. The accident was several years ago, and the effects are permanent.  I was reminded while we were out yesterday that she also feels the injury every time we go over a speed bump. There are always balancing acts: should bumps be used to reduce cars traffic to a crawl at the expense of a huge jolt even if travelling within the legal speed limit?  I suspect my answer would not tally with those of the speed bump instigators, but anyone injured by a speeding car might well think differently. The Mail and the Guardian are right to raise the issue of fraudulent whiplash claims, of which there are undoubtedly many, but for so-called experts to cast doubt on whether or not it even exists is not, in my opinion, acceptable. And the ambulance chasing lawyers and claims consultants are undoubtedly a big part of the problem: there seems to be some kind of database of accidents which they can access and use to make unsolicited calls to those involved. The calls went on for at least a couple of years afterwards, including to our daughter who was in the car but uninjured and who had no intention of making a claim, and long after my wife's claim had been settled.

Graham

I wish everybody who's in favor of speed bumps or is otherwise involved in placing one, a ride in an ambulance in a serious hurry, while they're in a lot of pain. Over speed bumps. Or bad roads for that matter (but I have not experienced that myself).

wim

Having the photo used for that article must be literally adding insult to injury!

Actually I was very glad to have seen it used - better than not!  It was always only going to be used for a car-crash type of article, so I was prepared for it.  It has in fact previously been used to illustrate an article on a similar topic in the Daily Mail.

Thank you to the people who expressed kind wishes towards my wife. The accident was several years ago, and the effects are permanent.  I was reminded while we were out yesterday that she also feels the injury every time we go over a speed bump. There are always balancing acts: should bumps be used to reduce cars traffic to a crawl at the expense of a huge jolt even if travelling within the legal speed limit?  I suspect my answer would not tally with those of the speed bump instigators, but anyone injured by a speeding car might well think differently. The Mail and the Guardian are right to raise the issue of fraudulent whiplash claims, of which there are undoubtedly many, but for so-called experts to cast doubt on whether or not it even exists is not, in my opinion, acceptable. And the ambulance chasing lawyers and claims consultants are undoubtedly a big part of the problem: there seems to be some kind of database of accidents which they can access and use to make unsolicited calls to those involved. The calls went on for at least a couple of years afterwards, including to our daughter who was in the car but uninjured and who had no intention of making a claim, and long after my wife's claim had been settled.

Graham

I wish everybody who's in favor of speed bumps or is otherwise involved in placing one, a ride in an ambulance in a serious hurry, while they're in a lot of pain. Over speed bumps. Or bad roads for that matter (but I have not experienced that myself).

wim

Spot on Wim.

My wife and I have had more broken springs, and other maintenance costs, on our cars in last ten years than in the previous thirty (and we used to do more miles then as well) - due to sleeping policeman, speed bumps and other traffic "calming" measures.

Graham

wim

The crews that paint the speed bumps, or Drempels I think they call them in Holland, are different than the ones who paint the warning marks on them. They come later. I was driving along a dyke road at speed and found a new Drempel that hadn't yet been painted. Quite a jarring surprise.

Article dated 17th April 2017 on Hayfever in adults in the Telegraph on-line addition:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/health/many-people-suddenly-suffering-hay-fever-middle-age/

A picture of a woman sneezing (top picture in the article)... credited to Alamy.. pages and pages of it on Google image search.. the Telegraph seem to use it all the time.

C1YH74 - Tim Gainey

EN41X2 - Philip Bailey

HYAD8R - My picture.

A picture of a bumblebee on yellow flowers .. not credited to Alamy this time... but again, pages and pages of it on Google image search.. the Telegraph seem to use it all the time.

Interestingly, my picture (HYAD8R) was used in another Telegraph on-line article this month about children's playgrounds:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/13/playgrounds-closures-threaten-childrens-health/

As I thought the image was quite a good one, I did choose an RM license... so I'll be interested to see if I get one license payment or two for it.

The rest of your set is interesting, too, but looking at yours plus the others of Victoria Falls available through Mauritius, I think I'd have made the same choice. It sort of looks like she's flying.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived