I am trying to find info on submitting my b-roll footage for video stock sales.  I see Alamy is now offering video footage and I would like to keep all video stock with the same agency I have my photography however I can't seem to find any info about uploading, requirements, etc...  what am I missing?  Thanks,  jeff

thank you for the response.  May I ask who are the successful video agencies for you?

thanks,  jeff

I can't say successful with only 6 sales, but two were from Pond5, three from Fotolia and one from Shutterstock. I also have video with Revostock and Istock. Still too few clips to gauge much.

I think Pond5 is like the alamy of the video world.  They sell well, let you price your clips and pay 50% commission.  They accept everything I upload.  The other microstock sites sell clips at low prices and reject more.  That doesn't bother me too much because video isn't my main income but I'd love alamy to start taking it seriously.  It seems alamy thinks its not a big market but I make more with Pond5 with a small portfolio than do with my stills here.  The buyers are out there, they just need a nice collection and that wont happen until we can all upload.

I was also waiting for Alamy, I have a larger video collection than I do stills but sadly Alamy wasn't interested in the video and it seems to have faded away here. Pond5 is a great place to start.  Personally I think video is the future. Time will tell.

Archived