Mega tags now appearing

Even with my small number of images, I'm less interested in re-working old ones than working on new ones. These mega tags might not have any effect on search results, so I'm ignoring them. Makes me wonder what Alamy is doing, though. If anyone thinks they are detrimental in any way, I'd be interested to hear about it. 

Have you tried clicking on them on the preview page to see where that takes you? Do they even show as mega tags there or only In the image manager?

Paulette

They do show as mega tags on the zoom page.

wim

Have you tried clicking on them on the preview page to see where that takes you? Do they even show as mega tags there or only In the image manager?

Paulette

I've checked a few and multiple mega tags that show up in IM aren't showing up when image is searched.

Anyone know what happens if you just star a multiple mega tag?

Kathy

Paulette

I've checked a few and multiple mega tags that show up in IM aren't showing up when image is searched.

Anyone know what happens if you just star a multiple mega tag?

Kathy

Let's hope the rest will go to normal as well.

The megatags will just become supertags. Saving and undo will not turn them to normal.

With some it looks as if the tags from the zoom page have made it to the keywords.

Including appearing in alphabetical order.

wim

+

Oh boy, I wanted to check something in my image so went to the manage area and found this! More and more images are loosing their green status for orange. Just like that. I know there's a mess with last "improvements" on Alamy so I don't bother with any work on tagging until all the bugs and glitches are fixed.

Now, many of the keywords are like one binded, example: 

• Europe horizontal people clients few many square collection

Yup, that were separated words, now they are one keyword/ tag!  :blink:

Captions. For some images I needed to add more words to describe the image. For this reason I used shorter titles. Now I have captions which have cut my descriptions... A sentence is cut and makes no sense. Amazing!  :wacko:

Improvement process is finished or should I expect more exciting surprises?

And as Martin said - Alamy is not worth any effort until it settles down. Lets say I have to spend 2 (two minutes) for each image to re-edit it. If I want to work for 6 hours only doing this it would take me over 20 days! I won't earn enough here to make it worthwhile.

It's not about complaining. I'm just sooo [censored] frustraded with the changes! :(

+1 to images going from green to orange, down to almost a quarter and I have the same tagging problem as mentioned above,,,,,.....still @confused.com 

I would think if you had 40+ tags, what's needed to be in the green, then after what just happened you find you have 5 tags included in a mega tag, you would lose 4 tags, dropping you back into the orange.  The only way to fix it is to delete the mega tag and retype the singles again.

I would think if you had 40+ tags, what's needed to be in the green, then after what just happened you find you have 5 tags included in a mega tag, you would lose 4 tags, dropping you back into the orange.  The only way to fix it is to delete the mega tag and retype the singles again.

It is now possible to copy from within a tag and paste as a new tag (maybe this was always the case but I have just woken up to the fact!), be thankful for small mercies.

Sounds a good scheme Geoff, I've been using the Chrome text edit box to knock things into shape. It's a pity that it's still not possible to edit within tags.

A further thought, am I correct in thinking that these new monster tags are coming from the Comprehensive collection in the old system? If so I would normally put stuff in there of secondary importance, not things that I would consider the main keywords of a search. For example a generic item where the location is of only secondary importance, and a search for the location alone would just damage CTR. Maybe it's a good idea to parcel such keywords within a monster tag to reduce their visibility somewhat, or is this just too clever by half?

It is now possible to copy from within a tag and paste as a new tag (maybe this was always the case but I have just woken up to the fact!), be thankful for small mercies.

The way I've been copying tags recently is to have the main Alamy page open as well as the IM window. Then I find the image I want to copy from in the main window, highlight and copy all the tags (including commas), then paste into the new image where you type tags, in the IM. All the tags will generate themselves thanks to the commas already being in the text string.

The downfall of this is that they're in alphabetical order. Ordering was buggy last time I checked anyway,but this won't matter if words you want together are in multi-word tags.

I'd rather we could select an image for editing, then search for and select another, so we could easily click the grey tags to copy between the images.

Geoff.

+1

This morning starting again on my slow progress through old uploads I find megatags have gone away ? Has anyone else seen this? Or is it just I have got to a point in my history where my annotation changed subtly?...

I am certainly hoping I am right in my assumption that once I have edited a picture's tags I am then in control and further unexpected changes won't occur.  (Alamy - can you set our minds at rest?) 

This morning starting again on my slow progress through old uploads I find megatags have gone away ? Has anyone else seen this? Or is it just I have got to a point in my history where my annotation changed subtly?...

I am certainly hoping I am right in my assumption that once I have edited a picture's tags I am then in control and further unexpected changes won't occur.  (Alamy - can you set our minds at rest?) 

Yes, I just checked.

Does anyone know if the question mark has always been a wild card character in the search engine.  I was doing a search for concepts on the word "huh" and then added a question mark "huh?" and was suddenly seeing lot of images of birds.  The German word for hen is huhn.  Tried the same with "de?r" and got both humans and wild animal results.  Is that a standard search engine wild card character? 

John

Does anyone know if the question mark has always been a wild card character in the search engine.  I was doing a search for concepts on the word "huh" and then added a question mark "huh?" and was suddenly seeing lot of images of birds.  The German word for hen is huhn.  Tried the same with "de?r" and got both humans and wild animal results.  Is that a standard search engine wild card character? 

John

Wow well spotted!

I haven't tried that for a long time. So no idea when it was introduced. Hopefully it will stay! That is so useful.

However it's a bit of an old geek thing, because nowadays people (because of Google) expect the site to take care of all that. Including all misspellings and other stupidities.

wim

Archived