What's your stock.......

.... of cameras amount to?

Just changing the usual subject matter I wonder what sort of and amount of cameras you still have and more importantly use.

For myself I unashamedly admit that at 70+ I've never sold a camera in my life from my first Brownie Box onwards. Bodies now amount to 38! And lots of lenses. Still use 20 plus of them as well.

You?

Just a fun thread

Here's mine

Leica - M2, M3, M6 0.58 ttl, M6 0.72 ttl, m7 0.72, SL (digital) SL, SL2, M240

Konica - Hexar RF (x2) Hexar Af

Contax - RX, ST, G2 (x2) G1(x2) 645, 159mm, 167,

Rolleiflex - 6002, 6008, TLR 3.5f, TLR 2.8t

Hasselblad - 500cm, 503cw, 500 el/m

Canon - 5D, 5D2, Eos I, EOS 1v, EOS in rs

Panasonic - gf1, gx1,gx8

Sony - RX1004

In order of acquisition: Lubitel-2 TLR, last used 1977

Zenit E, last used 1986

Mamiya Press, last used 1983

Hasselblad 500c, last used 2001

Halina Auto 35 (defunct)

Rolleicord Va, last used 1998ish

Pentax SV (long gone, stripped a gear)

Canon EF (lost at bankrupt repairer's)

Canon A1. Proper camera. Last used 2003

Oly SP500

Praktica B200, unused gift

Sony A55 (defunct), A58.

Super-8: Rollei SL84, Sankyo ES44XL, GAF SC100

16mm: Krasnogorsk K3

I used the F4 at the Ministry of Defence and would agree with Philippe if not for the A1.

First was a Canon AE-1 back in the 80's.  Got out of photography until a few years ago when my son gave me his Canon t4i (650D).

I borrow his Canon 7D periodically.

Finally got myself a Sony RX100 M2.

That should od me for awhile.  More interested in acquiring better glass than bodies.

Jill

My first camera was a HALINA TLR bought new on the never-never.

I've had a few since then always advancing into the better models when I could. Can't remember all of them now and would probably be embarrassed to remember them anyway.

Then I started to collect old cameras and ephemera and at one stage had over 500 models of all makes from all countries including wood and brass (which I used to refurbish), leica, etc etc. It would be too long to go into all of them here.

Unfortunately when I moved house back in 2004 there was not enough room so had to sell them off through good old eBay.

Today I have Nikon D750, two Sony A6000, and my trusty RX100.

Allan

I used to use a Canon Sureshot auto film camera. Think it's still around somewhere. Man, that camera took great pictures, I won competitions with it. Hubby shot with a traditional Pentax film camera and the Sureshot turned out better pics. That's because the camera made the decisions, lol.

I now have a Nikon N80 film camera. My first serious camera.

But I quickly got into digital and upgraded the crop Nikons until FF D800. They are all gone except the N80.

I now have:

Nikon N80

RX100

RX100mk3

Fujifilm X-T1

Fujifilm X-T2

And a slew of lenses for the X-Ts.

Betty

Sold loads over the years, plus my daughter's had a few that I've no longer a use for, but currently just the following three ...

50D

5D mkII

6D

Plus my first "serious" camera, a Zeiss 120 roll film folding job.

Think I still have a Konica rangefinder film camera in a drawer.        Somewhere ....

- Nikon D700 with battery pack/vertical grip

- Nikon D750 - need to buy a battery pack for it...

- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8

- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8

- Nikon 50mm f/1.8

and my absolute favourite lens: PC-E 24mm f/3.5

I also have a GP-1

And my wishlist:

- Nikon D810

- PC-E 19mm...

- and maybe a longer zoom, thinking about the Nikon 200-500 f/5.6

Nikon EM

Nikon 301

Nikon F3

Nikon D2xS (used for macro, cropped sensor)

Nikon D4 (bought mainly for bird photography but used for everything)

Nikkor 105 mm macro

Nikkor 55 mm macro

Nikkor 12-24 mm

Nikkor 16-35 mm

Nikkor 20 mm

Nikkor 200-400 mm

Nikkor 80-400 mm

Nikkor 500 mm

Do you think I'm a Nikon girl? LOL

Nikon FG20

Nikon F70

Nikon D200

Nikon D800

Nikon D7100

Best lens Nikkor 105mm macro (got it for finishing graduate school in 1993 and use it constantly!)

Still own all these but might donate the F70 to my daughter's Junior High School as they only have one film camera and still teach film photography and developing in Industrial Arts

For Chuck, if I can't sort out my focus issues due to my aging eyes, I might be convinced to sell the lot for a 1969 or 1970 Barracuda

Chris

Cardboard and a Mexican glass Coke bottle.......

Camera's = Boring.

Let's talk about cars....

My 1967 Mustang Converible was a two page spread in Cosmo Mag.

1989 Jaguar Lister Le Mans 6.0 litre turbo charged convertible.

Here's a front view of my car that Mustangs never saw. Usually restricted to seeing the tail lights in the far distance! LOL

jaguar-lister-xjs-le-mans-sports-convert

Cars, boring, (we have a 7 year old diesel tug that carries our bikes and hauls a small caravan), prefer to talk about bicycles, but back to cameras.

Embarrassingly large collection of junk, including my first SLR, an EXA500, a lovely Rolleicord bought secondhand for £25 many years ago, a series of Pentax SLRs, a couple of Olympus SLRs, and a Bronica set up. Under pressure from her indoors to dispose of all of them.

Of usable stuff a Canon 450D (kept to use with a 300mm lens) and 5DII and, the one that actually gets taken out, a Sony NEX 6.

Nikon D4 / Nikon 500 :o My God, you must have the arms of a stevedore :huh:

R E S P E C T  -_- 

Cheers,

Philippe

Oh no I don't!! Smashed my shoulder horseriding while jumping.

I have a very heavy Gitzo tripod instead. And a HUGE bag for it which replaces a suitcase when I fly. A total headache.

Gen

Nikon FG20

Nikon F70

Nikon D200

Nikon D800

Nikon D7100

Best lens Nikkor 105mm macro (got it for finishing graduate school in 1993 and use it constantly!)

Still own all these but might donate the F70 to my daughter's Junior High School as they only have one film camera and still teach film photography and developing in Industrial Arts

For Chuck, if I can't sort out my focus issues due to my aging eyes, I might be convinced to sell the lot for a 1969 or 1970 Barracuda

Chris

Yes, the 105 is the best Nikkor I ever owned. I regret not keeping it and adapting it.

Nikon D4

iPhone

& usually bring 24-70mm + one other lens

Not sure when I last used a tripod

& I ADORE all sorts of cars and car shows - looking forward to April's New York International Auto Show :)

- Ann

Wow.  I seem to be odd man out.  I've only ever kept one camera.  Right now the Nikon D810.

On longer trips, I sometimes get a fleeting worry if my one camera fails, but so far over 12 years, none ever has.

I know, I know... some professional I am!

My main camera is a 6D w/3 L lenses, 17-40, 70-200 & 300, 5D as backup. Tried all sorts of lenses, but pixel-peeping led me to this set. In my quest for a small camera I've bought Canon M & Sony RX100, but prefer IQ of DSLR. Still have dozens of film cameras awaiting their turn on eBay, including Nikon F2, F3, FM2 and some others, and Minolta, Konica, Pentax screw mount. 

10 or 12 or so Olympuses OM1 and OM4ti's

1 Olympus XA

1 Olympus E20

1 Nikkormat

1 Hasselblad SWC

1 Hasselblad 500C

2 Bronica ECTL

1 Canon 1Ds2

1 Canon 1Ds3

1 Sony A7R II

1 Sony RX100 I

1 Sony RX100 II

Sinar C 4x5 and 5x7

1 Barbie Cam

1 Diana

1 SX70 & some more Polaroids

1 Minolta 16 spy camera

Some digital Canon P&S's.

Some twin lens reflexes.

The odd bellows camera.

Some cameras are probably hiding in drawers with old photo stuff. Like a Trip or a Pen.

I once had this behemoth Klimsch Praktika Reprokamera. I still have it's big Rodenstock lenses; the huge shutter; the bellows and the film back. The rest was scrapped in the end. It had been used for map making.

The rest of my lenses range from 17mm to 600mm.

Sold the Leica's; the Speed Graphic; the Sinar 8x10, some OM1 OM2 and OM4's; Hasselblad 500CM and ELM.

In total 4 OM4ti's got stolen.

Still regret selling the Speed. Drab olive!

Car a 2005 Mitsubishi Space Star. Next month it's his/her birthday.

10 bicycles or so. Well between us. Just bought our third Brompton and inherited my mother's electric Giant.

wim

edit: forgot my carbon road bike: that makes 11

edit2: forgot my old 12-24mm so not 17mm but 12mm to 600mm.

Oh wow! You want me to include the stuff I've sold? I'm gonna need two hours for that list. 

Reimar, in the words of the song, you are a cock-eyed optimist. I used to travel with 6 camera bodies, finally cut that to 4. The first day I took just 3 bodies, 2 of them jammed. On the phone from Rio, Nikon Professional Services talked me through a fix on both cameras. 

Only listing what i've got left  ;)

D2X

D300s

Whole bunch of Nikon prime lenses - 35 50 85 & 300F4 (only use primes)

Plus a little Nikon 1 & pancake / pocket camera for emergency use only !

(Oh yes, plus a red TVR S2 but that's a car  ;) )

tvr-sports-car-s2-model-red-convertible-

Archived