Alamy Image Manager is live!

So what exactly is the deal with this? Does it really mean 'you don't need to do anything' or does it mean 'you don't have to do anything but it's better if you do'?

My dashboard still shows 'Images on sale with poor discoverability'. Should I be changing these still or is there a page update to follow?

Also, as I also upload a mix of Commercial and Editorial images, it would be really helpful to either have the option to tick a box before they go live.

I don't want my images to go LIVE automatically as soon as they pass QC. Is there a way to disable this (annoying) new feature?

Marc

Yes.. caption and/or keyword (or both) the images after QC and not before upload.

Mmmm ... yes, you're right, but that's not the answer for me. I keyword images in advance so I don't have to do it all again should I ever upload them to another library. 

What has happened to allocating number of people, property, etc and all those questions? What happens if you have a mixed bag of RF and Licensed images to upload?

I guess I can just let the images go live and then tinker with them in IM afterwards? Can you change an image from Licensed to RF? Has anybody actually tried that in the new IM?

Marc

My default is RM. I change some to RF after upload all the time.

So what exactly is the deal with this? Does it really mean 'you don't need to do anything' or does it mean 'you don't have to do anything but it's better if you do'?

'you don't have to do anything but it's better if you do'  is the current situation I believe if you caption and keyword before upload.

If you don't do anything, your images will not have any superatags (just normal tags), your images won't have any releases attached and they will be missing extra information like location. But they will automatically go on sale using your default license selection.

'you don't have to do anything but it's better if you do'  is the current situation I believe if you caption and keyword before upload.

If you don't do anything, your images will not have any superatags (just normal tags), your images won't have any releases attached and they will be missing extra information like location. But they will automatically go on sale using your default license selection.

All my files have attached metadata, and have been automatically been going live on the new editor for a while now. So when I got this email last night telling me I know longer need to do anything, I assumed something had changed. I guess not?  I'll go on adding locations, super tags, etc. and ignore the email. 

I uploaded a batch, 12 hours or so later they were approved and on sale. Simple to then choose license and do the other things. I've never sold an image the day it went on sale, anyway. Not saying it couldn't, but odds are slim.

I actually kind of like it this way. My default is RM so no worries there. .

Betty

I uploaded a batch, 12 hours or so later they were approved and on sale. Simple to then choose license and do the other things. I've never sold an image the day it went on sale, anyway. Not saying it couldn't, but odds are slim.

Betty

Were they actually on sale (searchable) or on sale when the update happens   I suppose if you upload and get passed QC just before the update, you will be live, but usually they aren't truly live until the next day.  Alamy does mark them as on sale when they pass QC, but I haven't had any truly on sale until the next day when there has been an update. 

So if you want to make sure nothing goes on sale incorrectly, you had better make changes pretty much as soon as they pass QC..

Like Geoff, I did not get the email either.

Jill

Betty

Were they actually on sale (searchable) or on sale when the update happens   I suppose if you upload and get passed QC just before the update, you will be live, but usually they aren't truly live until the next day.  Alamy does mark them as on sale when they pass QC, but I haven't had any truly on sale until the next day when there has been an update. 

So if you want to make sure nothing goes on sale incorrectly, you had better make changes pretty much as soon as they pass QC..

Like Geoff, I did not get the email either.

Jill

Yes, Jill! I was shocked they were searchable. Had to pick my chin off my chest. The strange thing is I usually don't get an update until midday, sometimes not until evening. My upload was in the evening. The timing is minuscule. I almost had to have had an immediate pass for it to work. I wasn't expecting a pass the next day since I uploaded so late, let alone for them to be searchable.

BTW, I did get the email.

Archived