Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic DMC TZ100/pocket cameras

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Martin P Wilson

Martin P Wilson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,240 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 4 days ago

I have tried each vesion of the RX100 since Mk2 - I would not buy a camera without a viewfinder. Unfortunately I wear glasses and when I use the RX100 vf it pops in and goes out of focus. I looked at the Panasonic but not happy with the lens speed to get that 10x range which I don't need for a go-everywhere camera (would take my X-T2). I went for the larger sensor of a Fuji X100T, couldn't justify the cost of X100F for the use it would get, there are p/ex deals on the X100/S/T so there are a good few around. I know it is only a fixed prime lens but I move my feet (or crop) to get the extra reach.

Each to their own, we all need to make different compromises.

Martin Wilson

#22 NYCat

NYCat

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 4 days ago

It is possible to put a loupe meant for looking at the screen on a DSLR on the back of the RX100 to get a great view. It is a bit awkward but good for when the sunshine is making things difficult. Hoodman has a cinema strap that can hold it on.

Paulette

#23 alphaomega

alphaomega

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 6 hours ago

"I have tried each vesion of the RX100 since Mk2 - I would not buy a camera without a viewfinder. Unfortunately I wear glasses and when I use the RX100 vf it pops in and goes out of focus." - Martin Wilson.

I have the RX100M3 and I love it. I also wear glasses, but when I use the EVF I simply remove the glasses as you can adjust the view finder and focus without glassses - at least I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users