Am I wasting my time?

Hellonearth

• 8 months later...
On 17/03/2017 at 09:26, GS-Images said:

I agree with most the points regarding Microstock and other things. I don't agree that you have to have huge numbers of images though. Of course the more you have, the more likely to sell. You can have a small port though and still have regular sales, and new members shouldn't be put off by the huge number of images available here.

I only have about 2500 images at Alamy, and have uploaded 5000 in total since I started here. I've removed most the rubbish, and what remains is fairly good and of mixed stuff that's keyworded well.

I've had a payment from Alamy every month since August 2016. If that isn't evidence that a small port can do well, I don't know what is. You just need to do a good job and take topical images, do lots of concepts that stand out, and be imaginative but accurate with tags.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

I came across this old thread from a link Wim posted earlier and began stalking your port!!.. as you said this "I've had a payment from Alamy every month since August 2016".

I am still on a mad hunt for figuring out this algorithm and so, I picked at least 10 random photos of yours and am intrigued. They turn mostly on page 1 sometimes out of 100,000 photos. So I am happily confident that you have something figured out. I assume you have a 3 star ranking?

Can I pick your brains for keyword, caption tips please?

Thanks

Elaine

1 hour ago, efk11 said:

Hi Geoff,

I came across this old thread from a link Wim posted earlier and began stalking your port!!.. as you said this "I've had a payment from Alamy every month since August 2016".

I am still on a mad hunt for figuring out this algorithm and so, I picked at least 10 random photos of yours and am intrigued. They turn mostly on page 1 sometimes out of 100,000 photos. So I am happily confident that you have something figured out. I assume you have a 3 star ranking?

Can I pick your brains for keyword, caption tips please?

Thanks

Elaine

I think Geoff is taking a bit of a break form the forums... you might be in for a bit of a wait I'm afraid.

16 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I think Geoff is taking a bit of a break form the forums... you might be in for a bit of a wait I'm afraid.

I do not think you will ever see Geoff back on the forums.

Allan

I do not think you will ever see Geoff back on the forums.

Alamy forum is like Hotel California, "you can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave!"

He'll be back soon as we have a friendly wager on who will get to 10k images first. 

2 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Alamy forum is like Hotel California, "you can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave!"

He'll be back soon as we have a friendly wager on who will get to 10k images first. 

Care to make the same wager with me too? 😀

6 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Geoff is ahead of you with 6359 images.

Allan

On 14/01/2018 at 13:53, Brasilnut said:

Goes to show that spending too much time on this forum harms productivity!

I'm with you there.

Allan

Archived