Saving buyers from false white tigers

I found I had some pictures show up in a search for White Tiger, and when I looked they were photos I uploaded on Sunday, with no white tigers. But I can see where the problem has arisen.

They went up in the News Feed.

Caption:

"Members of the Royal Signals Motorcycle Display Team, known as the White Helmets, performing at the Glasgow Show 2013 on Glasgow Green. The team started in 1927; members of the team are all serving soldiers in the Royal Signals who perform on their 1970s 750cc Millennium Triumph TR7V Tiger motorcycles around the UK between April and September."

'White Helmets' is also in the Esskeys, but the two I checked don't have Tiger in any keyword field, and I think I just copied and pasted.

I usually go back into News Feed images and move some of the Caption info into the description field, to avoid this sort of issue, but in this case, I think I need to keep the model of motorcycle in the caption, as it's possible a buyer may be wanting that particular model, and I'd be inclined on reflection to put the make into the MainKeys also.

Any suggestions to avoid 'white tiger' searches, or it it just tough on searchers? (I know I can salvage my CTR by putting this batch into a pseudo.)

TIA

Putting the words together in quotes will help when that is implemented. There was also something in James West's video about disambiguation being worked on, but at the moment, no, you can't stop it.

Thanks, that's what I thought :-(. I'm not convinced the quotes will ever be implemented, that's been 'on the cards' since I started here.

I wonder how they'll get the long-standing contributers here to go back over their old files to disambiguate them (the only way I can think of is to give search positioning preference to disambiguated files).

Still, neither quotes in keywords not disambiguation would help with the caption.

Putting the words together in quotes will help when that is implemented. There was also something in James West's video about disambiguation being worked on, but at the moment, no, you can't stop it.

Thanks, that's what I thought :-(. I'm not convinced the quotes will ever be implemented, that's been 'on the cards' since I started here.

I wonder how they'll get the long-standing contributers here to go back over their old files to disambiguate them (the only way I can think of is to give search positioning preference to disambiguated files).

Still, neither quotes in keywords not disambiguation would help with the caption.

I thought this idea had been canned. Don't tell me it's still on the burner. I stopped putting brackets and quotes around my keywords a long time ago.

Archived