Hello from Ireland

MichaelG

Hi All, 

My name is Michael and I just started here with Alamy. Love the submission page with the sync features although slightly confused with the discoverability slider. But sure I will get my head around it at some point :)   

Hello and welcome Michael,

Looking at your photos are we to assume that you are a dentist?

If so you could have a niche market.

Allan

Hi All, 

My name is Michael and I just started here with Alamy. Love the submission page with the sync features although slightly confused with the discoverability slider. But sure I will get my head around it at some point :)   

Welcome Michael, nice photos you've submitted!

If by any chance you do get your head around the "discoverability slider", please let the rest of us know?

So far, it seems to be as unfathomable as the answer to life, the world, and everything ....

:)

Hi All, 

Welcome Michael, nice photos you've submitted!

If by any chance you do get your head around the "discoverability slider", please let the rest of us know?

So far, it seems to be as unfathomable as the answer to life, the world, and everything ....

:)

The answer to Life, the world and everything is easy...42

But as to the discoverability slider..... :o

• 4 months later...
On 3/13/2017 at 14:39, Allan Bell said:

Hello and welcome Michael,

Looking at your photos are we to assume that you are a dentist?

If so you could have a niche market.

Allan

Hi Allan, 

Photographer with access ;)

Sorry for only replying now... something was wrong and i could`t post anything at the time so i just gave up after dozen attempts... hope this will work now...   

Hello Michael and every one,

My name is Jonathan. I am from San Francisco. I joined Alamy a few months ago, but still learning everything here. It is so nice to see everyone so helpful here. Nice to meet you all.

11 hours ago, arterra said:

Hi Jonathan,

You might want to take another look at your "black bellied plovers" (see JHTDN9 and others). The animals in those pictures are certainly NOT that species. It's some kind of sandpiper (60 grams compared to the 250 grams weighing plovers). I'm not familiar with the North American sandpipers so I just give you a pointer in the right direction. Anyway, don't guess animal nor plant species.You're not doing the customers nor your fellow contributors a favor by giving wrong information. It gives a bad reputation to agencies.

Cheers,

Philippe 

PS: seems we're hijacking someone else's thread :huh:

Photography Prints
 Fine Art Collection Arterra

Hi Philippe,

thank you very much for pointing out the mistake. I am not a bird expert, but I really did not want guess any animal nor plant species before posting. I really did extensive research about bird species in Monterey Peninsula both on internet and book, and they both have some similar descriptions and images as the ones I have. However, since you pointed out it is sandpiper instead of plover, i did  take another look, and it is Western sandpiper. Once again, thank you so much for correcting my mistake. 

cheers,

jonathan

PS Michael, so sorry for hijacking your thread 

Archived