Hi from sunny Empoli - Unfinished JPEGs is the way to go?

PhotoEclectica

Hi everyone,

I'm Sandro, I was born in Rome but I've been living in Empoli (Tuscany, Italy, not far from Florence) for the last five years. I registered with Alamy a bit more than a month ago. So far so good, 100% acceptance rate. No sales yet but I know Alamy can be slow for newcomers... let's hope for the best.

My first question to the forum is quite direct. I'm submitting unfinished JPEGs so far. When I say unfinished I mean photos with very little post-production. Is it the way to go? Is it what Alamy clients expect or, maybe, striking and (a bit more) punchy pictures would sell best? What level of post-production do you consider ideal for a reputable stock agency like this one?

All the best,

Sandro

Hello Sandro,

Welcome to the Alamy forums. In answer to your question I believe you have some good images however there are some, (later landscapes), which lack punch. The grass needs to be brightened up in HPK4CN for instance. Also think is that image telling a story?

I wish you all the best on Alamy.

Allan

It is advisable to shoot in RAW and then how much you do is up to you. Your food looks good to me. I'm hungry since it's right before lunch but I bet they'll look good later too. I'm not a good judge of landscapes. Just be aware that Alamy sells mostly to books, magazines, etc.

Paulette

Hello Sandro,

Welcome to the Alamy forums. In answer to your question I believe you have some good images however there are some, (later landscapes), which lack punch. The grass needs to be brightened up in HPK4CN for instance. Also think is that image telling a story?

I wish you all the best on Alamy.

Allan

Thanks Allan. You're right, I have deleted three images (HPK4E8, HPK4DH, HPK4CN) and replaced them with three enhanced versions (HRTX5Y, HRTX48, HRTX3H). The new ones will be available as soon as the search engine updates. I also have contacted Alamy to ask if they can speed up the deletion process as to avoid having three duplicates for 180 days. Thanks again for taking the time to see my photos. 

It is advisable to shoot in RAW and then how much you do is up to you. Your food looks good to me. I'm hungry since it's right before lunch but I bet they'll look good later too. I'm not a good judge of landscapes. Just be aware that Alamy sells mostly to books, magazines, etc.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette!

Benvenuto, Sandro. When is lunch?  :)

Soon! :D  Maybe we should join forces to give these guys a decent lunch while captioning and keywording  :)

Archived