Image Manager: How To Get The Green Bar?

I haven't been able to work much on my images over the past few months, but now I'm back to it. I guess everyone is now in possession of the new image manager. 

With the new image manager my images suddenly dropped to having low discoverabilty. All of my images have orange bars. Is this due to the number of the keywords? Or the quality of the keywords? Or both?. They are marked as being "On Sale". My brain has been wracked for keywords, I can't imagine going through all of my images to add more. 

Is there other information that affects discoverability? I have captions. Maybe they aren't wordy enough?

I haven't been able to work much on my images over the past few months, but now I'm back to it. I guess everyone is now in possession of the new image manager. 

With the new image manager my images suddenly dropped to having low discoverabilty. All of my images have orange bars. Is this due to the number of the keywords? Or the quality of the keywords? Or both?. They are marked as being "On Sale". My brain has been wracked for keywords, I can't imagine going through all of my images to add more. 

Is there other information that affects discoverability? I have captions. Maybe they aren't wordy enough?

My images in orange are still found.

The secret is just to ignore that. Make sure your captions are good and add very relevant words to the max there. Right now, captions seem to be King.

Don't spam tags just to get in the green. Your tags need to stay relevant. In other words, don't add "tree" just because in the far distance there is a tiny out of focus tree. Someone searching tree expects to see a nice, clear, large image of a tree.

Our CTRs are plunging quick enough due to the search engine without our helping them along.

Hope this helps. :)

Betty

I do not have a single image with the green discoverability lit up - they are all orange -or so i thought until I clicked on a couple of zoomed images and found that on one of them the discoverability bar was red and said "NOT ON SALE'".  I soon found another one and the thing they had in common was that they both only had 3 keywords- I usually have 5 or 5 which fills the the old Comprehensive 50 character box.

So how can they have been viewed and zoomed if they are NOT ON SALE!

Regen

EDIT- I decided to check the image and if I put in all 3 keywords  (Arrowhead plant flower) it appears at 14/146 if i put in arrowhead and plant or flower its around 61/300 and if i put in just arrowhead then i could not find it in the first 1500 /8500 views. This seems reasonable to me.

I do not have a single image with the green discoverability lit up - they are all orange -or so i thought until I clicked on a couple of zoomed images and found that on one of them the discoverability bar was red and said "NOT ON SALE'".  I soon found another one and the thing they had in common was that they both only had 3 keywords- I usually have 5 or 5 which fills the the old Comprehensive 50 character box.

So how can they have been viewed and zoomed if they are NOT ON SALE!

Regen

EDIT- I decided to check the image and if I put in all 3 keywords  (Arrowhead plant flower) it appears at 14/146 if i put in arrowhead and plant or flower its around 61/300 and if i put in just arrowhead then i could not find it in the first 1500 /8500 views. This seems reasonable to me.

Just to clarify

Are you saying that images that appear as "Not on Sale in MI", (because they only have 3 tags) are actually on sale and can be found via customer searches on Alamy?

"Just to clarify

Are you saying that images that appear as "Not on Sale in MI", (because they only have 3 tags) are actually on sale and can be found via customer searches on Alamy?"

Yes I think so!

Went to "your images" -"zooms"-then click on the individual zoom which brings that image up in Alamy image manager with all its details.

The discoverability bar is RED and says NOT ON SALE.

It has been viewed and zoomed sometime in last month. 

Also a second image, again with only 3 keywords with same message but has been viewed and zoomed in last month.

The first image is B6X6W6 Arrowhead as described in post 10

Most of my zoomed images this month have less than 6 keywords and most are now super tags.

Regen

The caption is important I have had the discoverability bar turn green after adding a caption. I believe Alamy say it is searchable, so from my limited experience a caption is essential.

So could it be you have 3 tags but no caption, it might still show as red if so.

The minimum obviously doesn't apply to legacy images alreaady on sale. IIRC the old Manage Images only required a caption and one character in the essentials box, plus the now-optional annotations, to go on sale.

A caption and 5 tags are mandatory on new images. But there's evidently no way for IM to distinguish between new and old for the purposes of the "not on sale" message.

"The caption is important I have had the discoverability bar turn green after adding a caption. I believe Alamy say it is searchable, so from my limited experience a caption is essential.

So could it be you have 3 tags but no caption, it might still show as red if so."

Thanks Trevor

The image does have a caption -Arrowhead plant in flower and if this is put into the search box then the image moves up a few places indicating the importance of a caption but discoverability remains red NOT ON SALE

Regen

When Alamy went to the new system, I found I had slightly less than 900 of my total about 2250 images that were in the orange, low visibility category.  I decided to take a really comprehensive look at my images and managed to get the number of low visibility down to about 75 images at the moment.  What I found was that you need as many of the optional fields, especially the sub categories, be filled out, and you need have a minimum of 40 keywords, and usually about 41-43 keywords.  I found that images carried over from the old system had a lot of repeated keywords from the old three keyword dialog boxes, so most of the images already had around 30 keywords assigned already.  There were also a lot of misspellings and other bloopers that I got a chance to fix.  

It took me a couple of weeks of work to get it all done, but I used the time I would normally be surfing around on Facebook, or otherwise wasting my time on-line.  

As an upshot, February has been my busiest month ever for sales, and also some of the highest sales figures, and all the sales were from images that were formerly low visibility images.  One month obviously isn't a trend, but I'm convinced the improved visibility is definitely a big help.

When Alamy went to the new system, I found I had slightly less than 900 of my total about 2250 images that were in the orange, low visibility category.  I decided to take a really comprehensive look at my images and managed to get the number of low visibility down to about 75 images at the moment.  What I found was that you need as many of the optional fields, especially the sub categories, be filled out, and you need have a minimum of 40 keywords, and usually about 41-43 keywords.  I found that images carried over from the old system had a lot of repeated keywords from the old three keyword dialog boxes, so most of the images already had around 30 keywords assigned already.  There were also a lot of misspellings and other bloopers that I got a chance to fix.  

It took me a couple of weeks of work to get it all done, but I used the time I would normally be surfing around on Facebook, or otherwise wasting my time on-line.  

As an upshot, February has been my busiest month ever for sales, and also some of the highest sales figures, and all the sales were from images that were formerly low visibility images.  One month obviously isn't a trend, but I'm convinced the improved visibility is definitely a big help.

Any sales that show up this month were actually sold in November and maybe December. Unlikely any of them were actually sold this month. Most sales don't show up till 3 months after the actual sale.

JILL

Image zoomed and still showing in my 30 day window. Sold two days ago, and showing as sold.

It happens. Surprisingly, I have more than I would expect that show up relatively soon after the zoom.

Although there usually is a longer gap, for sure.

Betty

Image zoomed and still showing in my 30 day window. Sold two days ago, and showing as sold.

It happens. Surprisingly, I have more than I would expect that show up relatively soon after the zoom.

Although there usually is a longer gap, for sure.

Betty

I've had images sell on the same day, or a few days after the zoom that were actually published a month or so earlier (newspapers!). Under these circumstances I think they are double-checking to see which image they actually used before declaring the usage.

Archived