newbie with a funny accent

forsooth

Hello from North Carolina, USA.  I’m a Scotsman living in a strange land and just had my first images pass quality control so now I have a lot of questions for you professionals. Glad to be here and looking forward to taking part in the discussions.

I’m an experienced photographer but completely new to stock photography

I'm ready to upload some more images and I have a question regarding size. The first images I uploaded were saved as required at jpeg level 8/not sharpened and I’d like to know if the images I’m about to upload have to be the same size. I would have thought that they wanted the full size image. Comments welcome! 

As you can see I am new to all of this. 

Thanks in advance

forsooth

Hi, and welcome to Alamy!
As Phillippe says, always give them the best image you possibly can, i.e. the largest (without interpolation) and the least compressed. Buyers can always scale down to suit their requirements..

Good luck!

Tony

Thanks arterra! That's what I was confused about. They had asked for the first submissions to be at the jpeg level 8 so that's what I sent but you answered my question because I assumed that everyone would be submitting the fullsize images because you can never know what the potential client would want.

Now I'll go ahead and submit the fullsize images at level 12. As you can see I am a newbie and I'm full of questions!

Hi TeeCee! Thanks, you and arterra have sorted things out for me! Now I can start submitting some fullsize images. I appreciate the help from both of you.

I had looked at your work yesterday TeeCee....very impressive! I hope I can make the grade!  :D

Hi TeeCee! Thanks, you and arterra have sorted things out for me! Now I can start submitting some fullsize images. I appreciate the help from both of you.

I had looked at your work yesterday TeeCee....very impressive! I hope I can make the grade!  :D

More than welcome! Take a peak at Phillipe's work. He spend his life in wintery forests photographing bears .... now that's impressive!

:)

I looked at a bunch of stuff online TeeCee and was very impressed with what I saw. I shoot a lot of music stuff because I work for a bunch of non-profit companies which makes me a non-profit photographer!  :D  I'm hoping to change that once I get my act together here .... we will see!  :D

Phillipe's work is incredible, how he gets that close is amazing. Just absolutely wonderful pictures. I need to get out more. I shoot mainly wild and wooly musicians in poor lighting most of the time!

One more question for you TeeCee. I have a subscription to Hightail.com and send all my full size images using it and never had any problems. I'd like to continue to use them because I have used them for years and they have recently improved their service and file size has never had any issues. What do you use or recommend?

Thanks

forsooth

I looked at a bunch of stuff online TeeCee and was very impressed with what I saw. I shoot a lot of music stuff because I work for a bunch of non-profit companies which makes me a non-profit photographer!  :D  I'm hoping to change that once I get my act together here .... we will see!  :D

Phillipe's work is incredible, how he gets that close is amazing. Just absolutely wonderful pictures. I need to get out more. I shoot mainly wild and wooly musicians in poor lighting most of the time!

One more question for you TeeCee. I have a subscription to Hightail.com and send all my full size images using it and never had any problems. I'd like to continue to use them because I have used them for years and they have recently improved their service and file size has never had any issues. What do you use or recommend?

Thanks

forsooth

For my day to day commercial stuff, I use WeTransfer to send over to clients - mainly coz that what they prefer...

As far as uploading here is concerned, I think the only two options are ftp, or the upload setup within image manager. I'm sure if there's another methos, someone will jump in and let us know, though perhaps better posting that question in the general "Ask the Forum".

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!  I'm in North Carolina as well.  Looking forward to submitting some archival material once approved.  I look forward to meeting interesting people and making some new cyber friends.

Archived