Hello from Serbia

Nikola Spasic

Hello everyone,

just want to say hi and to introduce myself to the crowd.

I'm from Serbia, from town called Pirot. I recently joined your comunity. I'm an amateur photographer and like most of you I'm in love with it. I like shooting landscapes like you can see from my photos so far, plus my location has a lot to offer in this area. I'm also mad about astronomy and astrophotography. I'll be uploading some of those soon as well.

Anyways, nice to meet you all. And ofc, I'm looking forward to learn some new tricks from you, to get to know you better, and to make some money together :-). What I also will try is to, through my photos, introduce you to a natural beauties my country has to offer.

Best regards,

Nikola

Hello Nikola,

Welcome to the forums and to Alamy.

Had a very quick look at your keywording/tagging. Far to much irrelevant information with each image which will affect your ranking and reduce possibility of sales. You have "amazing" for every image, this does not convey anything to the potential customer. A butterfly is not an animal it is an insect etc etc.

Before you go much further I recommend you read these forums regarding keywording/tagging and try to be more precise with each image, do not copy keywords/tags from one image to another willy-nilly.

Allan

Hello Alan,

thank you for your welcome and for the advice. I surely will accept it and put some more thought in to it.

I did look at what others usually put as tags for landscapes tho. I just found out about this forum yesterday so I will listen to your advice and check out the forums you recommended.

Nikola

I did some research and I have some doubts. There is space for 50 tags. It's almost impossible to have that many for almost any image. Especially if you don't use adjectives like amazing, great... I'm sure you are right about the irrelevant tags, but I'm not so clear on everything else. If that bar turning all green is what will make photo more visible for the search engines then I don't see other way. Also, people do type adjectives when searching for something, like amazing sunset or colorful butterfly and so on.

I wish you are right tho, because I would hate to have to think of 50 tags for every photo I upload just because it will have greater discoverability.   

Nikola, we're all still getting used to the new Alamy Image Manager and also the new search engine behaviour, but one thing we've agreed on so far is that the discoverability setting has no real purpose. The only thing it signifies is that more keywords will make your images more visible, but if they're the wrong keywords then they will be visible to people who are not looking for your image. This will eventually hurt your rank which in turn will mean your images are pushed further down the list. So my advice is to include only relevant keywords and no more, and ignore the green bar. You don't want the wrong people seeing your pic, and I don't think Alamy has thought this through very carefully.

I did some research and I have some doubts. There is space for 50 tags. It's almost impossible to have that many for almost any image. Especially if you don't use adjectives like amazing, great... I'm sure you are right about the irrelevant tags, but I'm not so clear on everything else. If that bar turning all green is what will make photo more visible for the search engines then I don't see other way. Also, people do type adjectives when searching for something, like amazing sunset or colorful butterfly and so on.

I wish you are right tho, because I would hate to have to think of 50 tags for every photo I upload just because it will have greater discoverability.   

You do not have to turn the bar green, even alamy admit it is only an indication of the number of tags and does not have any weight with the search engine.

Just keyword (sorry "tag") your images with what you see in them. Yes you can add words for concepts etc.

Make sure your tags or multiword tags are in the order of importance to the image.

Don't over keyword (tag) because as I said earlier that will affect your rank by being pushed down the list,

Allan :)

Opps! Alan beat me to it.

All advices understood and accepted. I already started to remove unneccesary tags and next photos will be tagged with basic relevant info about them. Again, I'm very glad that it works that way, because other way is not fun and not real.

As for the photos themselves, they are from my archive and were not taken with the purpose to sell. I just joined. So I wanted to explore and get the hold of how things work here until I start going out with the goal to take photos to sell. I'm sure I won't be making living from this, my job wont let me :-), but connecting something I like, that I can improove and some extra cash sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks again to everyone,

Nikola

I think tagging looks little better now. Espetially with new photos, but still not finished corecting old tags.

Intersting thing is that there are not that many photos form Serbia and espetially not that many from the area I plan to represent (Old mountain, Pirot) and present on my images. Is there a demand for it? We will see, atm probably not. How do I make this interesting for buyers... I'll think about it. Any advice is welcome. Nature is there, waterfalls and landscapes are there, fantastic photo oportunities are there, I'll work on improovimng my photograpy skills, but will I sell any images with this as main topic.... should be interesting :-).

Best regards,

Nikola

I think tagging looks little better now. Espetially with new photos, but still not finished corecting old tags.

Intersting thing is that there are not that many photos form Serbia and espetially not that many from the area I plan to represent (Old mountain, Pirot) and present on my images. Is there a demand for it? We will see, atm probably not. How do I make this interesting for buyers... I'll think about it. Any advice is welcome. Nature is there, waterfalls and landscapes are there, fantastic photo oportunities are there, I'll work on improovimng my photograpy skills, but will I sell any images with this as main topic.... should be interesting :-).

Best regards,

Nikola

Hi Nikola,

Have a look in Alamy Measures, All of Alamy for what is in demand for Serbia.

There has been 3 pages of searches (100 per page) in the past year, nothing for Pirot though.

Select a range of dates, the earliest date that can be selected is 1st Feb 2016, and in the Search Term box enter %Serbia.

Hope this helps.

Gen

Archived