Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

Slow month?

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#41 Joseph Clemson

Joseph Clemson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Wow. Nearly 700 views yesterday, an increase of near enough 10 times my usual daily views since the big bang search change. Half of them were somebody looking at my home town of Bolton, but even so, many more odd bods too. BUT not one zoom from the whole bally lot, so my CTR such as it was, has taken a nose-dive.

Just a statistical blip for me or did anyone else have this kind of unprecedented experience?

#42 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

Wow. Nearly 700 views yesterday, an increase of near enough 10 times my usual daily views since the big bang search change. Half of them were somebody looking at my home town of Bolton, but even so, many more odd bods too. BUT not one zoom from the whole bally lot, so my CTR such as it was, has taken a nose-dive.

Just a statistical blip for me or did anyone else have this kind of unprecedented experience?

I had high views yesterday due to searches for 2 different local small towns. Nothing like the numbers you had though! That must have been a shock to see. It's most likely due to the low weight captions used to have in search results compared to the "higher than supertags" weight captions have now. Searches for smaller towns always used to bring up lots of irrelevant views, but with captions meaning everything now, it's going to get worse.

Geoff.

#43 Jansos

Jansos

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Got another one today so now up to 2! :-)

#44 vpics

vpics

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

I've just surpassed last month's total with half the amount of images sold this month ... 

#45 Phil Robinson

Phil Robinson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, Kent

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Last week good. This week dead. That's just how it goes.

I did see one of mine on BBC Pointless yesterday though. Discovered I got paid for it in 2015 - they seem to record that show a long time ahead.

www.PjrFoto.com

#46 ReeRay

ReeRay

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationChonburi Thailand

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

Same here. Seeing it a lot.

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." - Ansel Adams

#47 Joseph Clemson

Joseph Clemson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

I did see one of mine on BBC Pointless yesterday though. Discovered I got paid for it in 2015 - they seem to record that show a long time ahead.

I'm fairly sure yesterday's episode was a repeat from 2015. The question is, did the original licence cover repeats or do you get another sale?

#48 Phil Robinson

Phil Robinson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

I'm fairly sure yesterday's episode was a repeat from 2015. The question is, did the original licence cover repeats or do you get another sale?

I know it was a 10 year license. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access the 'summary of images sold' going that far back - it always times out.

Edit - ah, managed to get through. 'Unlimited transmission' unfortunately.

But I notice I had two other identical sales on the same day - if you watch Pointless, please keep a lookout for Nelson's Column and a Prague signpost!

Edited by Phil Robinson, 17 February 2017 - 09:25 AM.

www.PjrFoto.com

#49 Stokie

Stokie

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationStoke-on-Trent, England, UK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

I know it was a 10 year license. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access the 'summary of images sold' going that far back - it always times out.

But I notice I had two other identical sales on the same day - if you watch Pointless, please keep a lookout for Nelson's Column and a Prague signpost!

What was the one used on Pointless yesterday?

I had my first TV sale last year, if anybody sees a pic of the Glasgow School of Art on TV can you let me know!

John.

www.johnkeatesimages.co.uk or if you want plans drawn for a house extension www.john-keates-design.co.uk

#50 Phil Robinson

Phil Robinson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

I had my first TV sale last year, if anybody sees a pic of the Glasgow School of Art on TV can you let me know!

John.

It was Natalie Bennett, in the 'Foreign Politicians' round

E9NCHE.jpg

The sale went through on 18 August 2015 and the show was first transmitted in Jan 2016 it seems.

Edited by Phil Robinson, 17 February 2017 - 09:47 AM.

www.PjrFoto.com

#51 Stokie

Stokie

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationStoke-on-Trent, England, UK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

John.

It was Natalie Bennett, in the 'Foreign Politicians' round

E9NCHE.jpg

The sale went through on 18 August 2015 and the show was first transmitted in Jan 2016 it seems.

Yes, I remember seeing that pic.

Cheers, John.

www.johnkeatesimages.co.uk or if you want plans drawn for a house extension www.john-keates-design.co.uk

#52 wiskerke

wiskerke

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationHaarlem - The Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

John.

There was one in University Challenge a couple of weeks back. They use Alamy regularly.

Unfortunately we cannot watch past episodes of anything BBC on the continent.

wim

#53 John Mitchell

John Mitchell

Part of the forum furniture

• Verified
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,291 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Three decent sales from the same buyer popped up today, so the month seems to be picking up speed at last. :D

John Mitchell

#54 christian58

christian58

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationStockholm and London

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

Maybe here!  but my God! its shot right up elewhere at some places!.... its very strange one can never tell. I have 4000 images at one place and the sales are reasonably good. I have 1200 at another and its just sky-rocketing. There just isnt any logic in stock-photography.

#55 John Richmond

John Richmond

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, UK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

That Pointless was a repeat.  Watched the Chase instead.

#56 Colblimp

Colblimp

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationBallydehob, Ireland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

No sales here since 27th January. Views way down most days too, thanks to the new search engine nonsense which benefits absolutely nobody.

Very disheartening.

Geoff.

Don't be disheartened - you'll sell loads from now! :)

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons...

http://www.andygibsonphotography.com/

#57 Colblimp

Colblimp

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationBallydehob, Ireland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

A good month for me, only 2 sales, but I'm a newbie aiming for 1 sale per month this year. I had 1 in January, so I'm ahead of my target. My views are way up so who knows, I could get another sale soon. We live in hope!

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons...

http://www.andygibsonphotography.com/

#58 Broken Pixel

Broken Pixel

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

One small sale in January, anothe one small a few days ago.

Last year was more fruitful with much less images. (

#59 chrumu

chrumu

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

This month is ok for me. Sales are neither better nor worse compared to the last few months. CTR is up again in my usual range between 1.00 and 1.10 after a steep drop in December.

Christoph

LogoFineArtAmericaBlueShape.jpg

#60 Addict

Addict

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica picking coffee beans for income

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Terrible sales for me since they have been making changes or is the market just going further into hell ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users