What are these things called 'sales' and 'zooms' of which you speak? In my world we know nothing of these things. We know only of the things called 'views' and they are small in number, like as naught to what was known in times long ago.  :(

This is a sad tale Joseph!

Thought I saw your name in the images found thread not too long ago. (Hope I'm right) 

Maybe a case of  6000 the new 3000?

What are these things called 'sales' and 'zooms' of which you speak? In my world we know nothing of these things. We know only of the things called 'views' and they are small in number, like as naught to what was known in times long ago.  :(

This is a sad tale Joseph!

Thought I saw your name in the images found thread not too long ago. (Hope I'm right) 

Maybe a case of  6000 the new 3000?

Alas, I have made no appearances in the 'images found' topics since you pointed out one of mine in the Daily Mail in October 2015. I occasionally report images I see belonging to others, this being a more likely reason for to my name to appear in that hallowed topic.

They always seem to hold mine 'til the end of the month, though I have had one so far notified for Feb. To keep me chipper I have found a couple of web-uses that should turn up at some point. Cleared funds are also dragging. Zooms have been pretty good and include a couple of 100 percenters on Alamy, so keeping my fingers crossed there. My CTR is gradually improving and slowly heading towards the Alamy par.

Yep, slow here too - Just one sale for $5 so far... Still, have had a run of average to good months so I suppose I was due a rubbish one  :lol:  I'm not giving up hope yet though, another two weeks to go! PMA etc etc...

Zooms are next to nil this month though, views slightly down but not significantly. I'm not sure whether to be concerned or not as my zooms rarely seem to turn into sales anyway, and most of my sales seemingly come from nowhere. But even so, I don't like to see the CTR slowly go down  :(

Wow. Nearly 700 views yesterday, an increase of near enough 10 times my usual daily views since the big bang search change. Half of them were somebody looking at my home town of Bolton, but even so, many more odd bods too. BUT not one zoom from the whole bally lot, so my CTR such as it was, has taken a nose-dive.

Just a statistical blip for me or did anyone else have this kind of unprecedented experience?

Wow. Nearly 700 views yesterday, an increase of near enough 10 times my usual daily views since the big bang search change. Half of them were somebody looking at my home town of Bolton, but even so, many more odd bods too. BUT not one zoom from the whole bally lot, so my CTR such as it was, has taken a nose-dive.

Just a statistical blip for me or did anyone else have this kind of unprecedented experience?

Same here. Seeing it a lot.

Last week good. This week dead. That's just how it goes.

I did see one of mine on BBC Pointless yesterday though. Discovered I got paid for it in 2015 - they seem to record that show a long time ahead.

I'm fairly sure yesterday's episode was a repeat from 2015. The question is, did the original licence cover repeats or do you get another sale?

I did see one of mine on BBC Pointless yesterday though. Discovered I got paid for it in 2015 - they seem to record that show a long time ahead.

I'm fairly sure yesterday's episode was a repeat from 2015. The question is, did the original licence cover repeats or do you get another sale?

I know it was a 10 year license. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access the 'summary of images sold' going that far back - it always times out.

Edit - ah, managed to get through. 'Unlimited transmission' unfortunately.

But I notice I had two other identical sales on the same day - if you watch Pointless, please keep a lookout for Nelson's Column and a Prague signpost!

I know it was a 10 year license. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access the 'summary of images sold' going that far back - it always times out.

But I notice I had two other identical sales on the same day - if you watch Pointless, please keep a lookout for Nelson's Column and a Prague signpost!

What was the one used on Pointless yesterday?

I had my first TV sale last year, if anybody sees a pic of the Glasgow School of Art on TV can you let me know!

John.

I had my first TV sale last year, if anybody sees a pic of the Glasgow School of Art on TV can you let me know!

John.

It was Natalie Bennett, in the 'Foreign Politicians' round

E9NCHE.jpg

The sale went through on 18 August 2015 and the show was first transmitted in Jan 2016 it seems.

John.

It was Natalie Bennett, in the 'Foreign Politicians' round

E9NCHE.jpg

The sale went through on 18 August 2015 and the show was first transmitted in Jan 2016 it seems.

Yes, I remember seeing that pic.

Cheers, John.

John.

There was one in University Challenge a couple of weeks back. They use Alamy regularly.

Unfortunately we cannot watch past episodes of anything BBC on the continent.

wim

Maybe here!  but my God! its shot right up elewhere at some places!.... its very strange one can never tell. I have 4000 images at one place and the sales are reasonably good. I have 1200 at another and its just sky-rocketing. There just isnt any logic in stock-photography.

That Pointless was a repeat.  Watched the Chase instead.

Archived