Alamy QC Rank frozen

I noticed my QC Rank is "frozen" until Feb 12th.

What will happen then? 

After the introduction of the new MI my reviews seem to be faster and i appreciate that. I guess after Feb 12th there will be a new QC re-rank?

I noticed my QC Rank is "frozen" until Feb 12th.

What will happen then? 

After the introduction of the new MI my reviews seem to be faster and i appreciate that. I guess after Feb 12th there will be a new QC re-rank?

Did you have a QC failure? Could it be that your upload privileges are frozen temporarily? Alamy claried a while ago how they would be handling QC failures and the penalties they would be applying, could it be that they are making that visible on the QC line of the dashboard?

Niels i don't think so.

Frozen refers to my QC rank not to the uploading process which i did properly yesterday for i.e.

Okay. This sounds strange and new to me - and as an unnecessary information, as we don't know when the rank stars are changing anyway.

This may be the new way to let you know that you are in the sin bin.  You may be able to upload, but they probably will sit in QC until the 12th. 

Jill

I think Jill is probably right.  It is a warning to you that any uploads will also fail until after 12th.

Pearl

I believe Jill hit it on the nose about basically, you have failed QC and must wait until the 12th. Anything you upload now will also fail.

I don't know about FTP. I would think those would fail also, or else everyone who fails would be jumping on the FTP bandwagon.

I can't see QC allowing that. I assume those will fail along with the first failure.

after the new AIM it seemed my rank was resetted and 2 batches 've been accepted quickly.

now i've 1 batch of 28 images which seems to be slow again, more than 4 days in the queue.

from this batch i removed the images which made the failure last time so now it should be accepted but i suspect others here are right when saying i should wait 'till Feb 12th

"Anything you upload now will also fail. "

Is this how it works? Or are the uploads queued in QC until the end of the sin bin period?

Yes this is how it works.  Anything uploaded and awaiting QC will fail when the original upload is failed - presumably on the 12th in this case.

Pearl

"Anything you upload now will also fail. "

Is this how it works? Or are the uploads queued in QC until the end of the sin bin period?

Russell,

Yes, any subsequent uploads are queued in QC, but at the end of the sin bin period all submissions will fail.

Best wait until the end of the sin bin period before submitting any more images.

John.

The same problem... i have upload 5 batch x100 photos all marked "Failed" and "One or more images failed QC. This means the remaining image have been rejected without being assessed." ... is strange alot of this is studio still life with pro equiment. And have frozen upload for 10 days...

You guys are probably wrong sorry.

All my 30 images passed QC today so i remain on my first guess where "Frozen" refers to the "Stars" and not the account.

I believe they say "Frozen" because somehow they restarted the QC rank and allow uploading and reviewing without following one's rank.

That will explain the fact everyone has the message saying the review time is approximately 24 hrs.

So it seems basically the same for all regardless of the alamy QC rank; it just seems to depend on the queue before a submission.

• 3 weeks later...

Strange thing for me: I uploaded a batch which failed. Then I uploaded another one after more scrutiny. Now they've waited 28 days, failed it as being in the failed que without checking it at all (I checked with customer service), AND froze my account for 10 days. Can't get the logic behind the double-penalty. But after reading the response of customer service, I finally understand that at least half of my failed batches in the past were never QC'd at all, since customer service noted that in such case they failed them automatically. Now I just don't understand why alamy has let people in the past to upload batched that alamy knew will be failed without being checked.

Archived