Since i started uploading to Alamy (1 year yesterday) i was wondering why a buyer should zoom an image.

These are some of my conclusions:

a) to expand a tiny thumbnail which is poorly visible

b to check the final price (useful for RM)

c) to buy the image

d) to verify which other similar pics a contributor has

e) to double check an image before buying it

Which other reasons come in mind to you guys?

1 year, i have 2 sales out of 47 zooms so it seems case c) is just 4% of the total reasons ;)

Ciao, Kovic

The answer is surely A, although other reasons may creep in some. Sometimes a zoom results in a sale but not that often. Regarding your other issue: piano piano. The new system is still not final, not settled yet.

Edo 

Edo,

my nickname is KODAKovic which is the combination of the great film company and my parents surname :)

I'm italian.. "piano piano" is italian.. what does it mean for you?

I had these statistics within 11 months of the old system and just 15 days of the new one ...so... i believe zooms not became sales has nothing to do with the new IM or search engine.

Edo,

my nickname is KODAKovic which is the combination of the great film company and my parents surname :)

I'm italian.. "piano piano" is italian.. what does it mean for you?

I had these statistics within 11 months of the old system and just 15 days of the new one ...so... i believe zooms not became sales has nothing to do with the new IM or search engine.

When I lived in Rome in the '60s, piano piano meant "step by step." Yes, I speak Italian (Romano). I was suggesting that you be patient, but if you feel you have a real problem, you should contact Alamy. 

I'm guessing that when customers zoom several images on a topic, they're selecting a pool of finalists to choose from.  So yours may or may not make the cut (if any).  I always look to see how many were zoomed.  I figure the fewer, the better my odds, especially if mine were the only ones zoomed.

Archived