George Cole

Hi Everyone

I have been uploading and selling my portfolio since December. I have over 1500 images

in my Alamy port so far.  I like everything about the site except that I have not had one

sale. I have lots of sales on other stock sites. So I am at a loss as to why none here. Most of

my work is nature related and Pacific Northwest related.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

George Cole

Hi George, and welcome to Alamy. You've a nice folio of photos, and you've certainly got an understanding of keywords, which is a vital element of sales here.

Where Alamy differs from most other sites is in scale. Here, there are 50,000 photographers and 90 million photos, which means the competition is much tougher. On the plus side, the sales value is usually about 160 times greater than that achieved on Microstock sites.

Hang in there, you've a good set of pictures - it'll happen!

Welcome, George.

Let me point out something else: Alamy stock is a long game. If you stay with it and continue to upload images it will eventually pay off. Many new contributors do not have the needed patience for this. 

Hi George.  Welcome to Alamy and the forum.

I joined Alamy on 31st December 2015 and didn't make my first sale until 27th April 2016 and that was with a port of only 100 images, so it's a waiting game.  Having looked at your port,  you'll definitely make sales, you just have to be patient.

Good luck!

Thanks to everyone of the input and encouragement. Knowing that it takes some time to see or have reported sales is very helpful to me. So far nobody has said that I am screwing up. So I feel good about my approach. I will keep at it an expect success sometime in the future..............................................

Archived