The reason why I think Qc is a fraud

over the past few months now I have been trying to get past the so called QC check with various photos and in the end I decided to do a test

my eqipmewnt canon 750 a 24mega pixel camera on a tripod focused on one object in bright natual sunlight ISO 800

test 1 - on auto focus four photos I made zero adjustments apart from incresing the size to meet requiments

and all rejected

test 2- on manual focus same position same object same sunlight ISO 100 again no adjustments and again all rejected

this is why I belive that getting past so called QC test is either fixed or a fraud as if I had the best camera in the world it impossible to pass

there so called checks

I'm not someone who knows much about the technical aspects of cameras but with a 24 megapixel camera you should NOT have to be increasing size. I think that is where you are going wrong.

Paulette

over the past few months now I have been trying to get past the so called QC check with various photos and in the end I decided to do a test

my eqipmewnt canon 750 a 24mega pixel camera on a tripod focused on one object in bright natual sunlight ISO 800

test 1 - on auto focus four photos I made zero adjustments apart from incresing the size to meet requiments

and all rejected

test 2- on manual focus same position same object same sunlight ISO 100 again no adjustments and again all rejected

this is why I belive that getting past so called QC test is either fixed or a fraud as if I had the best camera in the world it impossible to pass

there so called checks

You should definitely show the forum the full sized images. You cannot upload directly to the forum, you will have to upload elsewhere and insert the link in your post. Remember it has to be a 100% size.

Sorry to hear about your problems but hundreds of photographers do get through easily. There must be something about your images that isn't working.

Were you told what the reason for rejection was? It could be dust spots on the sensor (especially if you are stopping the lens down a long way).

and all rejected

there so called checks

QC "fixed or a fraud": an intriguing conspiracy theory... but not true. Alamy wants contributors to pass QC!

No need to enlarge images from a 24meg camera, and why ISO 800 if your camera is on a tripod?

You'll need to post pix, or explain your workflow...

and all rejected

there so called checks

"my eqipmewnt canon 750 a 24mega pixel camera on a tripod focused on one object in bright natual sunlight ISO 800"

John beat me to it.

Exactly, why ISO 800 using tripod in bright sunlight? Subject? Reason for fail...?

Joe

QC isn't fixed, or fraudulent. You are doing something wrong.

I suspect you may be confused (understandably) over image size.

There is no need to change the size of your images from a 24 mp camera. Without seeing the images, no one here can give you specific advice.

and all rejected

there so called checks

If you are enlarging images from a 24MP camera, you have misinterpreted the size requirements. The requested size refers to uncompressed files, NOT the final jpeg. A 6MP camera produces suitable files without enlargement (6MP x 3 bytes ( r,g,b ) = 18MB, as required). If you enlarge the image to obtain a jpeg file that is18MB (memory size on disc) the quality will be terrible and QC failure is guaranteed.

to explain futher - the QC check wants images jpeg size over 17mb uncompressed so from the raw the export it as a jpeg to increase the size to match the 17mb

I put the camera on tripod to stop camera shake as it said on one of my rejections and as a test so I only shot one object

I done one test in auto focus and the ISO on that was 800 which the camera selected

rejection reason - soft and lack definition and camera shake!!!!!  how can it have camera shake when on a tripod!!!!! and it was not knocked nor near a busy road

that is why I am saying there is something wrong with some of these so called QC checks, I think so people are being far to picky

so I understand that in some respects I might have got the size wrong or misunderstood it, so I will look at it again but I still say that I want to see a rethink by

the people who do QC by this company as there is still something not right of fair about it as over the past months I have put up 16 photos all various and at least one

of them should have passed , I cannot be wrong in all photos

The OP is clearly confused about that most basic of concepts: the difference between pixel dimensions and files size on disk for jpegs. If only the guidance gave the numbers in megapixels, then this general problem would be mainly resolved.

The OP is clearly confused about that most basic of concepts: the difference between pixel dimensions and files size on disk for jpegs. If only the guidance gave the numbers in megapixels, then this general problem would be mainly resolved.

I completely agree. All that needs to be said about image size is the minimum number of pixels required. For the benefit of the OP this number is currently 6MP.

Try an experiment.  Set your camera dial to AV mode, make sure your ISO is 200, don't use a tripod, make sure image stabilization is turned on, set your f-stop to f/8 shoot the same sunlit subject as before, and don't up size the image and compare what you get to your former effort and see if you can tell the difference.  It would be helpful if you could give us the image data in regards to what shutter speed and f-stop the camera chose.  If you need more info on how to use your camera here is a tutorial.  Here are some tutorials on preparing photos for Alamy.

and all rejected

there so called checks

Sorry you've had problems, but there are 50,000 photographers here on Alamy who have managed to get through QC - in short, you're doing something wrong.

The question is "what".

Upload some full size, untouched images onto WeTransfer, use your own email address as the destination - then post a link to it here. We can probably figure this out for you?

:)

to explain futher - the QC check wants images jpeg size over 17mb uncompressed so from the raw the export it as a jpeg to increase the size to match the 17mb

I put the camera on tripod to stop camera shake as it said on one of my rejections and as a test so I only shot one object

I done one test in auto focus and the ISO on that was 800 which the camera selected

rejection reason - soft and lack definition and camera shake!!!!!  how can it have camera shake when on a tripod!!!!! and it was not knocked nor near a busy road

that is why I am saying there is something wrong with some of these so called QC checks, I think so people are being far to picky

so I understand that in some respects I might have got the size wrong or misunderstood it, so I will look at it again but I still say that I want to see a rethink by

the people who do QC by this company as there is still something not right of fair about it as over the past months I have put up 16 photos all various and at least one

of them should have passed , I cannot be wrong in all photos

My first sub failed QC because I had accidentally upsized too much. It could certainly explain your problem.

You seem to have insufficient grasp of the basics. May I suggest some online turorials or old-fashioned book work from the library.B

But QC is not a fraud, or fixed, or wrong. Hundreds of contributors live by it every day.

Not sure why you have acquired all of those red marks, maybe people think your posting is a spoof?

If you are using a tripod, and the subject is static, set the iso to 100 and use the delayed time release on the camera. If it is devilish dark the camera will choose a longer shutter speed. Weird to use 800 ISO and a tripod, rather defeats the object. But why are you shooting in such gloomy conditions, or are you using a very small aperture? Wait for a bright day and use f8.

I don't much use auto focus these days, much preferring manual focus, but recall taking some shots of a friend's vintage motorbike. I used a tripod, and autofocus, and when I got home was embarrassed to find that the camera had elected to focus on the wall behind the bike. You need to tell the camera what to focus on. Could this be your problem?

Even an 800 iso shot from a modern camera should have a reasonably good chance of clearing QC, as others have suggested, something else is wrong here.

Archived