Just had a sale appear under the title of Other Income. After downloading the excel file, It's the money for the DAC's TV claim, alamy made on my behalf.

$15 while not a fortune, it will pay for a cheap meal while I'm away over christmas, every little helps as they say, and since it's money for TV uses I haven't seen broadcast, it'll do nicely!

Just got the same. I'm guessing Alamy's payment of DACS which they are calculating for my one and only TV usage. I do the still images myself. 

Today I have also received the DACS claim amount and it was somewhat larger than last year.

The first year I tried to claim myself, but I didn't reach the same number of images to claim for that Alamy did. I am pretty sure it was due to the RF licences, for which the uses cannot be traced easily. How do you deal with this?

The first year I tried to claim myself, but I didn't reach the same number of images to claim for that Alamy did. I am pretty sure it was due to the RF licences, for which the uses cannot be traced easily. How do you deal with this?

You keep your eyes open. I've managed to spot a couple of RFs over the years with image and text searches. Not DACS material as I recall but you never know your luck.

Or let Alamy do it, but then it's all or nothing.

Last time they sent out the email about how many licences they could claim for, it was a very similar number to the ones I knew about so I did it myself.

You keep your eyes open. I've managed to spot a couple of RFs over the years with image and text searches. Not DACS material as I recall but you never know your luck.

Or let Alamy do it, but then it's all or nothing.

Last time they sent out the email about how many licences they could claim for, it was a very similar number to the ones I knew about so I did it myself.

Okay, thanks Mark.

I think it is somewhat easier for a UK resident to find the uses, considering the time that should be used and the number of images I wouldn't find I think I'll continue to let Alamy do the claim for me.

Niels

Very nice Xmas present thank you kindly Alamy, but I make my own submission to DACs, so am concerned I may have been paid twice!  The Alamy amount is the greater of the two.

Any other possible explanations? 

Just had two copies of the paperwork through the post for my direct claim from DACS, god know why they sent it twice, both identical, would have been nice if I had been paid twice!

I had the same. Think it might be one for your records and the other for your accountant.

Allan

Just had two copies of the paperwork through the post for my direct claim from DACS, god know why they sent it twice, both identical, would have been nice if I had been paid twice!

I had the same. Think it might be one for your records and the other for your accountant.

Allan

Sounds plausible Allan, but mine were both sent separately?

Allan

Sounds plausible Allan, but mine were both sent separately?

So where mine.

Allan

Just got my DACS too, which is $46 for me (it shows nothing taken off for the 50% so I assume the number shown IS my cut?).

Not a huge amount but better than a slap in the face with a wet fish. Considering the small number of sales it's for, I'm actually very pleased. Looking forward to next year's claim as that'll include sales from 2016 too.  :)

Geoff.

$92 sounds like about the same tier as mine. I get all of it of course. :)

Just got the same. I'm guessing Alamy's payment of DACS which they are calculating for my one and only TV usage. I do the still images myself. 

Today I have also received the DACS claim amount and it was somewhat larger than last year.

As far as I can see, once you have sold an image with a RF licence there is no way either the contributor or Alamy can keep track of subsequent uses, unless you are very fortunate and stumble across one in use somewhere. This is why I am determinedly sticking to RM for all my Alamy images, for which one will (usually) see a recorded sale for each use. The DACS payment is a significant bonus on my overall income from Alamy and I want to maximise it as far as possible. Granted, RM is not perfect as there may be unauthorised re-use and other infringements, but it is still miles better than RF for tracking usage for DACS purposes.

Very nice Xmas present thank you kindly Alamy, but I make my own submission to DACs, so am concerned I may have been paid twice!  The Alamy amount is the greater of the two.

Any other possible explanations? 

I contacted contributor relations and got this commendably speedy reply: -

""The process of claiming DACS through Alamy has changed this year. You no longer need to let us know you’d like us to claim, instead we will automatically claim unless you tell us otherwise. "

I'll have to get in touch with DACs and cancel my individual application, it's been an interesting, if not intended, experiment, in that the Alamy payment is quite a bit larger than my personal claim!

Archived