Another goal met

Betty LaRue

Congratulations Betty.  I had the same goal of 5000 by the end of this year but didn't make it.

I must get out more!

With 4000+ images I am now getting monthly payouts at last.  Not enough to live on but a nice

supplement to my pension.

Hopefully, I'll be there early in 2017 and then will also aim for 7000 by the end of the year.

John

Argggg! I have just noticed my reputation is on "666" the devils number. Quick someone please give me another greenie to get me away from it. :(

Allan

MANY THANKS to the very nice person who gave me that greeie.  :wub:

ITMA

As always, anything I can do, Allan.

If I could walk on water, as you quoted in one of your posts recently, I would walk across the pond and kiss you on both cheeks. :)

Allan

One of us needs to try that, Allan. I would like it to be you so I can get the kisses AND the photo op. You might want to put on your waterwings just in case. Just try not to splash my camera. ;)

Hi Betty,

I packed all my nikon gear in the backpack and added a change of clothes and some sustenance for the crossing of the pond as I guessed it would take some time. Then I set off for the west coast which happens to be the opposite side of the country to where I live. A long trek. ^_^

After 6 hours I arrived at Aberystwyth, where Redsnapper lives, as I thought he could take some photos at the start of the crossing. Unfortunately he was not available so I set off across the first stretch to Ireland. Well I thought I might as well use what land there was between us don't you know. B)

Unfortunately I did not make Ireland as I got wet right over my head despite the water wings. :o  

Sorry but I gave it up as a bad job and am now back home and dried out. ;)

As a consolation I herewith send you two XX's by way of this post, one for each cheek. :)

Allan

Argggg! I have just noticed my reputation is on "666" the devils number. Quick someone please give me another greenie to get me away from it. :(

Allan

ITMA

As always, anything I can do, Allan.

If I could walk on water, as you quoted in one of your posts recently, I would walk across the pond and kiss you on both cheeks. :)

Allan

One of us needs to try that, Allan. I would like it to be you so I can get the kisses AND the photo op. You might want to put on your waterwings just in case. Just try not to splash my camera. ;)

Hi Betty,

I packed all my nikon gear in the backpack and added a change of clothes and some sustenance for the crossing of the pond as I guessed it would take some time. Then I set off for the west coast which happens to be the opposite side of the country to where I live. A long trek. ^_^

After 6 hours I arrived at Aberystwyth, where Redsnapper lives, as I thought he could take some photos at the start of the crossing. Unfortunately he was not available so I set off across the first stretch to Ireland. Well I thought I might as well use what land there was between us don't you know. B)

Unfortunately I did not make Ireland as I got wet right over my head despite the water wings. :o  

Sorry but I gave it up as a bad job and am now back home and dried out. ;)

As a consolation I herewith send you two XX's by way of this post, one for each cheek. :)

Allan

:D     Well....you tried.  A cold time of the year to be wet, for sure!

I'm not lucky enough to have access to the faces of important people.

Photographers with personal access to celebs or world leaders,

did NOT get that access by luck. :o  They got it by

hard work, persistence.  They impressed editors who trusted them

with assignments involving personal access to world leaders & events 

that go beyond shooting from paparazzi red carpet press containment area...

Jeff, I'm not implying access to important faces is luck alone.  What I am saying, is I've had a lifetime of being a wife and mother, with all the duties that entails. I am not lucky enough to have a life where I could devote to photography 24/7.  Mine is sandwiched between running the vacuum and cooking dinner, and if I'm lucky, before I need to fold the clothes from the dryer.

But I am lucky that I have a warm, caring family who loves me just the way I am, so I guess there are all kinds of luck.

Meanwhile, you are lucky that you do have the time to devote to pursuing excellent photography and access to important people.  If that is the life you want and choose, which seems to be, then you are lucky.

Access =time=funds=freedom=not what my life is.

It appears I need to parse all of my sentences from now on.  It seems everything I post someone takes issue with these days.  Geez.  :blink:

Allan

ITMA

Talking of 666, that's the number of images I have in my port... :o:blink::ph34r:

Allan

ITMA

I'm SO sorry Allan, but you're now back on 666.

Now I feel terrible! I couldn't resist giving you a red arrow. Oh dear, let me give you some greenies on your other posts to make up for it.

Geoff.  :D

No good removing your avatar Geoff, I can still find you. ;)

Allan

After my goal of 3,000 was met about 19 months ago, my next was 5,000.  Hopefully good varied stock images.  When the ones I readied today go on sale tomorrow (hopefully they do) I shall have 5,001 images on sale, with 15 more yet to be worked on.

Goals are good, because they keep me from drifting and putting off.  Yet while having goals, one needs to keep in mind to not just shoot the nose on your face to fill numbers.  Hmmm...maybe my nose would be interesting....or not.   :rolleyes:

Well done! A reminder I should get some more uploaded.....

Funny thing about my avatar. One day it just disappeared. Pffft.

I tried to upload another one, it didn't take. I stewed for a few days then finally tried again and it stuck.

I've noticed quite a few posters who have lost theirs, too. Gremlins in the backfield.

So Geoff, get really mad, think evil thoughts, and it'll finally upload and stick. Just ask my kids if my evil eye worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I should go for the 2K mark as my next goal.  I was retired for about two years but went back to work as a Radio Technician when a local company needed help upgrading a large system.  This has cut down on my photo time but I can't complain about the extra money.  Just uploaded my first batch in a few months tonight.  Hope to have more time for Photography in 2017. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

I have just met my goal to have 6000 images on Alamy.

How to increase the number of sales is not at all a task... It is a mystery. )))

Congratulations Broken Pixel ! Just keep at it. Sales with come. Cheers.

Kumar, India

Hello everybody!

How to increase the number of sales is not at all a task... It is a mystery. )))

Kumar, India

Thanks, Kumar, I hope that sales will come.

I like your photos.

Flowers seller in a boat, Bengal tiger on a tree (play of color!), cattle fair, archers, bazaars...

India is a motherland of THE COLOR, the photographer paradize. )))

Hello everybody!

Kumar, India

Thanks, Kumar, I hope that sales will come.

I like your photos.

Flowers seller in a boat, Bengal tiger on a tree (play of color!), cattle fair, archers, bazaars...

India is a motherland of THE COLOR, the photographer paradize. )))

Welcome any day  :)  :D

Cheers,

Kumar, India

Archived