unrecognisable people in RF

G'day,

I am sure I'm not the first to ask but I can't find it in other posts. If I have an unrecognizable person, say a silhouette, or only an arm and I have no model release should I simply say there are no people in the image? I am asking because if I say there are then the image will by default go RM and I want to list many of my images with other agencies. To be honest to have RM images across multiple agencies would simple add confusion to my workload. 

Cheers

Trev

Yes, silhouettes, shadows & body parts (even your own) constitute 'people' in regard of model release requirements. So, unless there is a model release available, such images must go the RM way !

It seems you no longer have to answer the “how many people question” under the new “manage images” tools, so this people/model release/RM requirement may change in the future.

To quote the Alamy Blog “The only mandatory fields are now Pseudonym, Caption, Tags (minimum 5), Licence type and Image type. Everything else is completely optional.”

I'd always thought that the number of people field was intended to protect photographers and possibly Alamy and publishers from possible legal action should the image be used for commercial rather than editorial purposes without the subject's consent. Have the rules of engagement changed recently with Alamy shunting the onus onto photographers in this respect? I guess that it is the final user of the image who will take most of the flack, but presumably the photographer will also carry some responsibility if such an image is released as Royalty Free?

Thanks all, Bill I thought I would read the blog myself (rookie should have already). It also says that there will be an "editorial only" choice for RF as well. That solves my issue, I can go that route instead. thanks again everyone.

Archived