I have acquired this camera and need to know if this superzoom is good enough to use on alamy. It is 18mp. Does anyone have it and use on alamy? Do you encounter problems, Need a quick answer as going on an Asian trip in 2 weeks

I have acquired this camera and need to know if this superzoom is good enough to use on alamy. It is 18mp. Does anyone have it and use on alamy? Do you encounter problems, Need a quick answer as going on an Asian trip in 2 weeks

Sensor is only 1/2.3 which is generally too small to get the quality of image you need to pass Alamy QC. Even worse when coupled with a super zoom lens.

Allan

I have the Canon G1 X MkII and it passes QC with no problem.  It has a 1.5 inch sensor.  Its a little bigger than pocket size.  It does have a flip up screen for selfies or to use as a waist level finder.  You probably need something with at least a 1 inch sensor.  Here is a review of the Canon.

Over the years, I've used both Canon G9 and G11 compacts,again, no QC issues whatsoever.

Canon G9...

the-wishing-tree-in-ingleton-in-the-york

It's down to sensor size, you can have as many pixels as you like, but if they're from a tiny sensor, they're useless.

Pretty much anything with a 1/2.3 will fail, I'm afraid.

Archived