will Setting any of 4 new Restrictions keep image off Partner sites

If a contributor sets any of the 4 NEW restrictions for an image, will that image be available ONLY on Alamy?

1) At least one of Alamy's major partner sites allows Editorial Use Only of its images. That restriction appears in red text next to each of its images here.

Will Alamy now make its images that are available for 'Editorial Use only' available on partner sites, (with accompanying statement it's for Editorial Use Only)?

2) If I restrict Personal Use for all my images, does that mean none of my images will be available through Alamy's Partner sites?

Thanks - Ann

Where are you seeing four new restrictions? I presumed they wouldn't become available until after this weekend's update.

I believe the new Contributors Contract says images with restrictions may not be available on distributor sites.

Personally I've never had a personal use license through any of the distributors so restricting PU may not make a difference.

Where are you seeing four new restrictions? I presumed they wouldn't become available until after this weekend's update.

I believe the new Contributors Contract says images with restrictions may not be available on distributor sites.

Personally I've never had a personal use license through any of the distributors so restricting PU may not make a difference.

Details on the blog

Alan

Details on the blog

Alan

Yes, Alan, the 4 new restrictions replacing all the current ones won't be live until after October 8, 2016.

I have no choice about setting restrictions for the majority of my images, since they're editorial.

But before deciding whether or not to restrict Personal Use for all my images, I want to be positive if that means my images will only be available directly through Alamy. 

To put it all another way - now that Alamy is severely streamlining its restrictions, does that mean they WILL be making images with restrictions available - and with restrictions stated - on their partner sites?

Though it's easy to understand why it's not feasible for Alamy's partner sites to carry Alamy's images with the current Byzantian restrictions, it may very well be practical to offer images with (at least certain) new restrictions after 10/8/2016. 

BTW, I don't see where my particular questions are covered in the blog (which I read before posting this thread).

- Ann

BTW, I don't see where my particular questions are covered in the blog (which I read before posting this thread).

- Ann

There's a lot the blog doesn't cover, it was written a while back. Given that the changes will happen this week-end, it would have been useful to know how Alamy are going to set the "default" restrictions on the images they already host.

Presumably any images that contain property or persons without releases will automatically be set to block Advertising and Promotional or Consumer goods usage?

Or have I misunderstood?

Presumably any images that contain property or persons without releases will automatically be set to block Advertising and Promotional or Consumer goods usage?

That would / will probably block many present, traditional sales of these. Perhaps a goodbye to the rule just to tick the correct boxes and let the customer decide whether releases will be necessary. I hope not - as will only leave the poor newspaper sales, which aren't worth the effort.

Archived