Tips and Improvement on Sales

Hi all,

Im sure this has been asked 10000 times but was wondering if someone could have a look see what I can do to increase sales and rank or any tips general to help me to improve my rank, would be most appreciated.

I do know it takes time and effort and luck really as I only have 500+ images at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Peter

I think Matt's point is that a lot of your pictures are too similar (I'm bad at this too).
For example, how are these three images significantly different?

blue-white-blue-and-white-china-porcelaiblue-white-blue-and-white-china-porcelaiblue-white-blue-and-white-china-porcelai

If someone isn't going to buy the first of the three, then they aren't going to buy the other two. But having them all there just harms your CTR as they will show up in the same search results.

thanks for looking but when i look on my files that are on sale it says 586, and i have seen them come up on the alamy measures so people have viewed them. unless I have done something wrong?

Sorry, I may not fully explain myself - thanks to the other Matt who has hit the nail on the head

By the way he is also correct is saying that a number of us are guilty of such a crime! 

Hi Peter,

Well done for having the courage to ask for advice!

My comment would be that Alamy is mainly a seller of editorial images. I feel that the majority of your photos are more like "glamour" images than editorial. A good piece of advice when putting up an image for sale with Alamy is "What is someone going to use this image for?". 

In your case most of your images do not have an immediate "editorial" use, but may if you are lucky be selected for "creative" use in advertising or suchlike. However the market and competition for this is very stiff. 

I would concentrate more on editorial images if you want to increase zooms, sales and therefore rank

Hope this helps

Kumar

Offer images of real people doing real things in varied professions,

like link to your example, & IMCO: (in my conservative opinion)

1K varied = 1 license monthly

5K varied = 1 license weekly

10K varied = 1 license dailyhttp://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-portrait-of-electrician-with-toolbox-trade-installation-tools-testing-105630229.html

Right on, Jeff.

those model shots are well done, but I agree, you could edit those down to just the two or three best from each shoot. I guess you have spent good money on the models but you should still be selective. I can still hear the words of a mate who was an editor for one of the best agencies ringing in my ears:  "second best hardly ever sells" On Alamy, you must be the picture editor. Any other portal would edit your submissions but Alamy only edit for technical quality (and a couple of other no-nos)

You are not alone in splashing too many similar images up on the site, but it's not the way forward.

pretty good colour and lighting it should be said

Also, you have some images of what appears to be Venice, but I don't see the location in your keywords.

Some of those colourful houses on Burano as well- we must all have a few of them.

Yes but on film and not digitised YET! :)

Allan

I am no expert in photography, and no sales queen, but it is possible that, as others have pointed out, you might want to reduce a little the number of very similar images. Even though it is important to give the customers a few choices, when you expose a person to way too many alternatives, the persons' brain in incapable of making a decision. Some may move on to other photographs out of anxiety. And light this up a bit, exposure seems to be a problem in some of your images. 

• 5 months later...
I am new to ALAMY but I am studying a lot of agency differences.

ALAMY IS STRONG IN EDITORIAL AND REPRESENT THE REAL LIFE OF PEOPLE.

My tip is: You have to study each agency and send the right pictures to each agency.

I'm sorry for my English and good luck.

Since the thread's been resurrected, it's worth noting that the OP appears to have ignored all the good advice he got here, as of January at least was still piling in dozens of newly taken similars, and appears not to have deleted a single image or added a single keyword.

I am new to ALAMY but I am studying a lot of agency differences.

ALAMY IS STRONG IN EDITORIAL AND REPRESENT THE REAL LIFE OF PEOPLE.

My tip is: You have to study each agency and send the right pictures to each agency.

I'm sorry for my English and good luck.

Your English is fabulous, no worries there!

Archived