Hello Everyone :D

Martin Walls

Hello everyone!

After a (very) long hiatus, I've started taking photos seriously again and thought I would join this community. So, hi! I'm not really looking to make major bank on Alamy but it would be nice to pull in some money to go towards new kit. I feel very out of the loop!

Hello Martin and welcome to the forums and Alamy.

Looking at your initial submission four images it looks like you have made a good start.

BUT watch your keywording you have let some words slip in to your images that have no relation to the image itself.

Suggest you go back and look at the images one by one and remove words that do not relate to the image. You might even think of one or two new ones which describe the image better too.

Just my thoughts and trying to help you get a good start.

Allan

Hello Martin and welcome to the forums and Alamy.

Looking at your initial submission four images it looks like you have made a good start.

BUT watch your keywording you have let some words slip in to your images that have no relation to the image itself.

Suggest you go back and look at the images one by one and remove words that do not relate to the image. You might even think of one or two new ones which describe the image better too.

Just my thoughts and trying to help you get a good start.

Allan

Thanks very much for the welcome Allan.

I'll bear that in mind - I mimicked some similar images already in the library but I guess I picked up some bad habits! I'll go through the images once I'm home.

It pays to view the image and only put in keywords for what you see in it. Add things like conceptual words if it needs it too.

I should have mentioned that inappropriate keywords will lower your ranking should a buyer search for that word and sees an image that bears no relation to what he is after. This is known as the click through rate. (CTR).

You can read about this in the Alamy information pages and in various threads on this forum if you care to search for them.

Nice to meet someone who will take advice when it is meant well.

Allan

Archived