Greetings Everyone!

Good morning (My time) to you all! I'm new to Alamy and this is my first experience selling my images on a grander scale. What a blessing it is to make money doing something I love. I look forward to meeting new people and learning as much as I can from you all! May you all have an amazing day and much peace and love to you all! :)

Welcome and good luck, Kelly.

BTW you need to expand your captions and keywords for Alamy. A caption such as "little white flower" isn't going to cut it. What kind of flower is it (common and scientific name)? Where was it growing, etc.?

I'm sure that others will have more to say, so I'll leave it at that.

Thank you so much John, I will definitely go back and go through my captions and keywording and give them some more needed time. Thanks for the advice! 

Hi Kelly,

Don't listen to Geoff he talks rubbish most of the time. ;)

BUT NOT THIS TIME.

Allan

(Gotcha Geoff)

It is a pleasure to meet you all and thank you everyone for the kind words and great advice! It is most appreciated! I'm going to spend most of my day focusing on captions and keywording, got the coffee brewing as we speak! haha! :) I hope everyone has an amazing day!

• 1 month later...

Hi Kelly, good luck on Alamy!

You might consider having a look to see what competition you have for any given image, for example I don't think that GXPF3A is going to serve you well. Take a look at what other contributors have on that subject. You will only damage your ranking by uploading photos that are unlikely to sell and so lessen the chances of your better shots. But, there is black magic at work here, who knows what will sell?  You should not be discouraged  from joining the game!

I find that I get a lot of sales from local shots, you should know, or get to know, the best views and times of day/year to take them and act when the weather is at its optimum for your purposes.

It's a pleasure Julia, good luck to you as well!

Thank you for all of your advice Bryan, I completely agree with you. I thought the same as well, it's unfortunate the weather was so horrible during our trip to D.C., but I thought I'd throw my images in there just to see. However, what a great excuse to take another trip up there now! ;)

Archived